🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

I’ve spend 2 years at Ubisoft around 2005 and after that I’ve been working in an Indie Studio in Lyon

1 Like

Those days were better

2 Likes

Moneywise certainly ^^

Sure will, get some good action shots, if he breaks anything it will add to the view count🤞

Just kidding. My 3d printer is fucked, so the shock pads have been an issue to produce for @JeffyJ

I can’t stand 3D printers, have a Voron on order, but will take weeks to get here.

1 Like

Very nice, what voltage / amps do those run at?

Cheers! They run at 8.4v though not sure what amps, likely minimal. I use at 72>12v buck converter to a 12>8.4v converter then via bms BT switch to power them on :+1:

3 Likes

Love that build!!!

US $4.93 36%OFF | USB Port T6 LED Bicycle Headlight Waterproof Bike Light Lamp Cycling Bike Bicycle Front Light 5 Optional Colors

2 Likes

What bms BT switch is it?

2 Likes

Haha nice thanks, I know I scrolled past it at one point on ali

1 Like

Yep they are the ones. I dismantled mine and hot glued the pcbs and wires before fitting, but i think they look good. Time will tell if they last, but cheap enough to keep replacing if not !

1 Like

-VE feed from bms and soft switch on app on phone.

Works well :+1:

4 Likes

That’s actually genius :smiley:

2 Likes

oil cooling?

Watercooling

1 Like

a shame it’s not my genius. All credit for the idea comes from Lee Rad (also on here) who built my battery.

The only fly in ointment is that you still need to push the buttons on the rear of the XML lights once they are supplied with power. On my other build with 12v LED in the risers they just turn ON/OFF with my phone.

5 Likes

If you’re ever planning to do this you could even substitute the spring with one of those barrels used for channel trucks. Wich are probably cheaper.

4 Likes

Still actively looking for a CNC guy in Europe that would colaborate

It’s far from being the most expensive part in there ^^

2 Likes

I’m convincing my dad to buy one split with me, so I can start a geardrive project i designed, I’ll let you know if I end up getting it! :wink:

3 Likes

Would be great!

2 Likes