šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

1 count of premeditated spellcasting

3 Likes

Aiight Imma slide up on out of this mug. Shitā€™s getting weird

1 Like

Oh fuck I thought you were venom but youā€™re the god damn scarlet witch. Please donā€™t ever utter the phrase ā€œno more esk8ā€™s.ā€

Iā€™m an admitted hub hater. I donā€™t like the lack of options they present. But, even I will say, hubs are generally perfect for trick/park board electrification.
Short commuters, however, lack the room for battery, and therefore benefit massively from gearing.
My esk8 mantra is, ā€œfor every board a purpose, for every purpose a board.ā€

2 Likes

What board is gonna do my groceries? Make me a sandwich? Keep me company at night?

Iā€™m not exactly sure what ā€œdo my groceriesā€ means, but Iā€™m going to go with cutting board for the first two and headboard for the third.

5 Likes

With small hex hardware like this, if you try to pull it out and it wonā€™t rotate, the last thing you should do is push even harder.

I really do think these should come with an instruction manual, and in this manual I would have written

ā€œOn the star plate adapter, when removing the three flat head hex bolts, make sure to heat them up thoroughly with a blowtorch before trying to remove themā€

@Boardnamics Is already working on a way to prevent this in the future with a new design

9 Likes

Finally I could take them out!

Got the D power

1 Like

Thatā€™s what the ladies say, (said no lady)

1 Like

Holy crap what did you loctite them with? Red??

1 Like

Yes, It was with red loctite. I bought them like this to a member. I have to buy all new bolts for both sides of the gear drives, also the bolts from the wheel to the gears and inside it was a complete desastre. Bolts of the motors attached to the mount and the pinyons were loose.

2 Likes

The next gen uses M4 SHCS not FHCS so that will help a little with getting those out. Theyā€™re a bigger hex drive.

3 Likes

Wow lol sounds like whoever assembled it did not do it very well

2 Likes

Traditional king pins are the future?

huh-confused

6 Likes

Kind of like King Arthur, the once and future king

2 Likes

@Janpom any update ? Iā€™ve pushed the trigger too (sculpfun s9) now I need to wait forever for it to arrive.
Did you succesfully cut cool stuff ?

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™m actually already using it for etching the DAVEGA housings. I managed to get rid of the zig-zag by disabling the bi-directional scan. Iā€™ve also done a few other tweaks. It needed some dialing in but now the results Iā€™m getting are as good as (maybe even slightly better than) what I got on a CO2 laser. The only downside is the etching takes much longer. (~30 secs on CO2 vs ~3 mins on diode laser.)

Cutting thin wood also works. I made a house for our guinea pigs from 3mm MDF. :slight_smile:

Here are some examples of etching aluminum:

5 Likes

My experience with laser cut was something like 7 year ago and we had only CO2 machines, didnā€™t knew there was a speed difference, but makes sens.
The hamster house is super cute ^^
Have you tryed cutter different materials than the regular ones ? Iā€™ve heard you you can even imprint glass,
What about thin metal shims ?

The speed difference is due to power difference. The diode laser has much less power than CO2 so you need to run it slower to achieve the same result as on CO2.

I havenā€™t tested glass or metal, sorry. Cutting metal is very unlikely to work. A very thin alu pad came with the laser. Iā€™ve been using it to protect the table when cutting wood or paper. The laser barely left any marks on the metal. Thereā€™s no way itā€™s going through.

3 Likes

Sorry about the box, it was a big order and thatā€™s all we had to hand! I try and reuse all the packaging we get if possible. Glad to see it made it there safe and sound

5 Likes