šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Yep, what Glyphiks said. Fibreglassed top and bottom with threaded inserts for enclosure and bindings. A lot of work!!

3 Likes

Looks good! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:ukraine: :ukraine: :ukraine: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

nice-nooice

2 Likes

Does this have carbon or conductors inside?

What material is the enclosure? Is it fiberglass?

1 Like

The lack of insulation around the nickel at the ends of your battery is scaring the fuck out of me.

Also switch-blade gang, represent! nice

9 Likes

His enclosures are kydex, as far as conductors I donā€™t know for sure, but I think he uses bamboo, maple, and fibreglass, not carbon.

These decks only have bamboo and fiberglass. No conductors. Thermoformed Kydex for the enclosures.

1 Like

I asked because his site mentioned carbon

Thatā€™s a super awesome deck!

Thank you!! Yeah, some of my decks have a thick layer of carbon-fiber of the bottom that is covered with a layer of fiberglass.

Yeah, that looks like a very bad time waiting to happen.

thatā€™s call ready to self destruct mode, first in its league

4 Likes

I taped up the ends before sealing the enclosure, thereā€™s also much more foam than is shown, I took the pic before crushing everything in place with foam.

Fishpaper seems much better at abrasion resistance than many foams.

Closed cell foams seem to be good for impact cushioning.

1 Like

For the Evo Iā€™m thinking 5x 3s5p blocks with laser cut end plates and shrink wrap, then floating them in silicone so it has a bit of jiggle to it

#stanced

4 Likes

Bugger!! Is this a common thing on matrix 2 trucks? Youā€™ve got some decent height but you donā€™t look that heavy.

3 Likes

Yes. Especially if you jump with them.

Mine are bent as well as twisted. Though I donā€™t do jumps so mine isnā€™t bent as bad as @ShutterShock

Bent because the ouside of the motor end sits lower than the side with the pulley and twisted because my right motor mount is lower than the left motor mount.

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s shit!! Iā€™ll see how long mine last. Was planning on jumping. Weigh 92kgs and 95kgs at least with all gear on. Could be short lived haha

5 Likes