šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Shit!

they are on to me

8 Likes

An 18650 wonā€™t fit in there unless you remove structural supports which I wouldnā€™t remove.

An 18500 or a 14650 both fit great. A 14500 will fit right in the AA holder.

3 Likes

all the structure will be replaced by a tube structure for the battery and a rounder (actually elliptical) handle with MOAR infillā€¦ we both want ultimate crash survive-abilityā€¦ itā€™ll be an all new caseā€¦ no frillsā€¦ a basic switch, Iā€™m working my way through a low tech mechanical battery disengaging switch, no charger section, no USB, maybe an SOC but maybe notā€¦

a simple remote that you wonā€™t have to think about for a year

7 Likes

fuck yeah, rock on :metal:

3 Likes

Robot underwear skid marks, nothing to see here

2 Likes

I trust you change both sprockets and the chain when that happens

1 Like

I did not.

The chain itself got replaced not too long ago because the old one was all banged up and some links were stuck which I couldnā€™t bend out. Never saw any wear on it aside from that. I think Iā€™d burn though many 9T motor sprockets before the chain starts to show wear.

4 Likes

itā€™s your board and your budget brotherā€¦ and yeah the wear is understandable, think of the pinion speed and contact area

1 Like

This actually hurts

15 Likes

index

6 Likes

I did some googling and understand why you suggest that :slight_smile:

I figure esk8 isnā€™t putting quite the miles, torques, and speeds as a motor cycle. I donā€™t know the strength of bike chains so I may just be gaslighting myself if my chains are indeed weaker than cycle ones in their own specific useage however I feel confident in that.

I do have a drawer with meters of extra chain though so itā€™s on me haha.

2 Likes

iā€™ve used chains on a lot of crap for a lot of yearsā€¦ and when you see a pinion. or a counter-shaft sprocket that fuckkedā€¦ we swap everythingā€¦ think of how often than pinion is phukking up that chain, and then the chain fukking up your wheel gearā€¦

as you well knowā€¦ you have a chain drive esk8 and I do notā€¦

1 Like

If you fucks were any slower weā€™d have to water you twice a week.

5 Likes

Locos kick your balls into outer space!

2 Likes

you think itā€™s very difficult to do it, Iā€™m going to order some batteries and I was thinking of ordering one for my new mini remote, but I think I could take a risk and order an 18650

1 Like

not with a gallon of margis, a vernier caliper, Fusion360 and a properly motivated k00kā€¦ stay tuned to this channelā€¦

if youā€™re just going to buy the remote and cram an 18650 battery in thereā€¦

listen to @b264

1 Like

ok then i will buy a high capacity 18650 battery and pay attention to details, what is margis?

1 Like

iā€™m lazy tonightā€¦ premade :face_vomiting:jose cuervo :face_vomiting:margaritasā€¦
with :heart_eyes: :star_struck:gran marnier :sunglasses:

1 Like

I thought it would be a type of epoxy foam or some strange material hahahaha

2 Likes

EDIT:

i hope that made me laugh as much as you reply did to me!!

:white_check_mark:

3 Likes