šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Like what?

Nope, just reduce the s-count. This is a ss 18650 enclosure and its perfect. And also extremely thin.

You could only fit about 2S4P using a single stack, there is about 20cm of usable space and that includes the ESC and BMS

Absolutely needs to be stacked double, triple, or quad, ā€” or stood on end. I do the latter on all my short decks

Maaaan how many shortboards do you have now?

1 Like

the Wowgo waterborne.
the Dinghy
the Atv Ditch Life.
the Omakase.
the Vision.

this is a deckswap for the Vision.
it is another Ditch Lifeā€¦

the Vision was shortlived ā€¦

2 Likes

How does it feel? The deck I mean. I have one but never rode it.

3 Likes

It feels really flat :sweat_smile:

I wanted to love itā€¦ but I donā€™t. I should have taken the time to add some concave to it before I skinned it. But I was impatient.

5 Likes

I was so excited about this deck.

1 Like

I guess itā€™s a matter of preference. Juts curious how did you like hummie deck if you rode one? I find it somewhat similar and I had many many happy kilometers on hummie deck.

1 Like

I did like the hummie deck more. But its been a long time since Iā€™ve ridden one

1 Like

I have a 8s4p SS in my small cruiser and it fits very well.

1 Like

Hey @Ricco ! Those are 10" tires right?
Did you make those chains? If you did how did you do so?

Or if you bought, where from?

Cheers

3 Likes
4 Likes

I donā€™t like flashy stuff I spent years as the only white kid trying to blend and failing 6ā€™2ā€at 14 ears like open car doors , my face makes. Good punching bag
But I like this, itā€™s awesome

Iā€™m sorry. I think you should go ahead, add the concave and reskin. I know that redoing stuff sucks but since youā€™ve already put so much effort into it, it would be a shame to end up with something you donā€™t love. The concave does make a big difference. Even the simple gripped 3D-printed pads that I use go a long way. And Iā€™m sure you can do much better than that.

4 Likes

ive been loving it even without the concave, which is weird cuz its way too big for me. but mines not skinned or anything yet, either. i just wish it was at least 6 or 7 inches shorter so i didnt look so silly on it xD
@glyphiks i feel like a skin might actually take away from the slight concave it does have, but youd know better than i.

1 Like

Damn @xsynatic your memory be godlike.

@Ricco what modifications did you do to make them fit? Do you have to cut the bolts?
And do you install them with a deflated tire?

2 Likes

This is awesome. Iā€™m trying to do something similar for my board with the text being a part of the design.

1 Like

Donā€™t be sorry! Itā€™s not my cup of tea, but iā€™m sure there are flat deck lovers out there!

Iā€™ve decided to sell it, definitely need the money right now, and hopefully it goes to somebody who will love it very much.

Damn, with my build if I went single stack I think I could fit 16-20 cells max, that is accounting for forward mounting the motors though.