šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

My assumption as well. And letā€™s be honest - he can use some prettying up.

3 Likes

Donā€™t try to polish the turd, itā€™s part of his charm :rofl:

2 Likes

Newest sport after Olympic DIY ESK8 Racing should be Olympic Turd Polishing

2 Likes

tenor

6 Likes

@sleepless Mashup Prince and Jerry Garcia for The Purple One poster

LOVE this build! super clean, great job.

2 Likes

Not sure about the ā€œcleanā€ :laughing:ā€¦ but thank you!

2 Likes

GP 43 is a cool deck, how are you liking those wheels?

Iā€™ve only had the front wheels installed so far and havenā€™t done any aggressive riding. Only commuting to the office.

They feel very much like pneumatics. The advantage is that you donā€™t risk a flat and they will probably last longer as well. The extra width makes for a very smooth riding over blind people marks and similar kinds of uneven pavement.

The downside is they are heavier. They also collect dirt a lot and splash a lot. I definitely wouldnā€™t recommend taking them to wet/muddy weather. Little rocks like to get into the rubber since itā€™s very soft. Thatā€™s a bit annoying.

Obviously the wheels are primarily designed for racing. Thatā€™s where Iā€™m sure they will really shine. For casual riding, they seem to be a decent alternative to pneumies with both some pros and some cons.

7 Likes

Thats a good review of them, i definitely would like to see what they feel like. might pull the trigger on them one day.

One last advantage is that they look really badass. :slight_smile: Iā€™ll definitely keep them on for commuting even though now itā€™s not ideal since the weather is pretty bad. I spend more time cleaning the board than riding. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They do look badass, really compliments your deck.

Reminded me of Chuck Lidels toes, personally I like to just smash my fingers and color from with in,lovely blacks and purples ,doesnā€™t flake off

Scroll back a few months :rofl:

1 Like

Thatā€™s wrong. Itā€™s supposed to be Granda Kato! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

if we go italian it could be the grande gatta~

1 Like

nah, it has to be in Esperanto to keep the theme

ive been assuming it was spanish xD that makes sense, i was wondering where silver was coming from.

1 Like

Ahhh, the essentials.

7 Likes

Did you just try to battle harden a rotor with RTV silicone?

3 Likes