šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I could see it working being a flat plank, but we have nose and tail angles/contours/concaves at play which adds complexity.
You can try it dry, there are many ways to skin a cat.

Go forwards with science! Happy to lend my experience if you have questions as others did with me as I learned.

1 Like

I appreciate! But I got this. :sunglasses:
Imma be honest, I basically freehanded everything on the coffin. Didnā€™t check one resource through the process. Was out of masking tape and just rolled with it. Made the fucking stencil by hand with a scalpel(which was top 5 most stressful things Iā€™ve ever done). I treated it as a test of how well I had studied, and if I could actually pull this shit off. and it came out beautiful T.T
Iā€™m gonna for real finish it tomorrow, though, itā€™s still not quite in its final state.

2 Likes

Okay I have played MTG in a while, whatā€™s cleave?

Fuck if I know Iā€™ve played 3 games ever.
Come at me in Yu gi oh and Iā€™ll slap your sorry ass into the shadow realm with whatever shit deck you hand me.

Quack quack motherfucker letā€™s gooo

8 Likes

thatā€™s some good looking wood

2 Likes

Itā€™s sooooo close to done. I need to touch up a couple spots where not enough red frit locked in. Which means I need to also apply a bit more black graphite mica, too, or it wonā€™t match. Then one coat of epoxy on the bottom, and ceramic, and itā€™s ready to build. Well, if I get lucky and one of my enclosures fits xD
And then I just have idk 14 more to do?

what are you planning for enclosure mounting on it? I wouldnā€™t want to damage that beautiful deck top with holes straight through.

I left the existing shitty through holes on it for now so that I can mount boosted gear and get it back on the streets asap :wink: but, with the aggressiveness of the concave, inserts are basically off the table, so Iā€™ll probably use minimal bolts, epoxied straight through the deck, and re-frit over the bolts. When the time comes.

1 Like

Oh, and I think itā€™s relevant that I will be using rubber AND metal washers on top while it runs boosted shit. I donā€™t wanna mess up this finish, after all.

1 Like

@Linesflag wtf :exploding_head:happened

1 Like

I tried to run a single motor 2WD with only one mount. :rofl:

8 Likes

Can we get a picture of the ā€œbeforeā€ Iā€™m having a difficult time picturing this lmao

2 Likes

Which one is that?

1 Like

Sorry, no pictures were taken :confused: imagine a motor with a through-shaft, which is turning both wheels. Iā€™ll be doing something similar in the near future.

Same exact one from as this one but without the flipsky branding.

1 Like

Ah thatā€™s what I thought

1 Like

i heard good things about it so iā€™m giving it a shot.
Iā€™m using it to make 2S and 3S packs for the drones i built. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Nice! I have yet to fall into that pit of obsession but I will one day

5 Likes

My son tells me he wants a racing drone and i think i went over board and built 13. My new addiction. I still ride tho.

5 Likes