🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

@tech.shit
Oh no. Whatever will we do? If only we were a community of do it yourself minded individuals with a variety of technical skills.

2 Likes

Yeah but it’d be great if they’d just release a pwm reciever for it and save us the hastle of re-engineering it.

1 Like

Lol I was just being a dick. Sucky business practice, imo, but if a market exists for something, and the company won’t supply it to that market, thats a nice opportunity.

2 Likes

Probably has a shit connection

3 Likes

u can check @sofu’s review on the set

3 Likes

laughs in hydro-electric

2 Likes

Power companies country wide are spiking prices. They have various excuses but the truth is they footed the bill on a lot of shit for covid, and want to recoup.

Who needs their remote ? We need their damn motors…

2 Likes

agreed, their motor is most interesting part of the whole product

2 Likes

Damn haha

1 Like

The most incredible is they still habe a monopoli on them, two years after, and they probably only have sold a handfull
I’m regularly watching at their prices since the day Sofu posted her review and it has not changed from a cent
Haven’t seen one in the parts for sell neither…
crys in hub motors

1 Like

Dam*

3 Likes

@sofu said

Wait… the batteries are in the hanger? Weird. What is it a 4s1p??

2 Likes

From Sofu’s article it said that it switches between 2s2p and 4s1p, very interesting.

3 Likes

From the product page it seems to have cruise control, which interests me. Wonder if you could successfully hook up a larger battery to it.

the esc switches from 2s to 4s under different load and the cells are welded to the pcb iirc, it could be the single most expensive esk8 mod to do if anyone attempt it :joy:

the battery is “replaceable”, but i doubt anyone have tried it yet

2 Likes

You replace the battery by replacing the hangar

no

1 Like

I mean in terms of working with your space constraints this is great work but I feel like they gave themselves a really hard job that doesn’t seem worthwhile. Just make a better esc, contained in the truck, and let people slap a 10s on it at least.

2 Likes