🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

That on the Prusa? How’d you tune it? My supports suuuuuuuck using prusaslicer

1 Like

Prusaslicer, cheap generic petg

Concentric support roof, solid bottom layer, hexagon support structure and 150% gap from walls i think are the key changes I made.

2 Likes

@DavidF duuuude I would buy this in a heartbeat

2 Likes

Do I smell a #HoseYourBoard challenge coming?

3 Likes

I don’t see why not. :grin:

3 Likes

what board?

also

lol 55 miles on 936Wh

4 Likes

Warboards Paladin

Yea, I’d like to know this too. I think something is being lost in the language barrier? If current and/or voltage is being regulated then so is the power level so you won’t be able to go as fast or accelerate as hard. This is the only way to extend battery life.

But that can be done with ESC settings or by going slow so I’m not sure why they are claiming some kind of new tech at work here. Why regulate the packs output? Consistent power until the pack is empty?

LOL…so many questions.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

either way, 10Wh/km is some serious efficiency, nice and slow

2 Likes

“good engineering and programming”

bet it’s a hobbywing esc
or lingyi if it’s cheaper

which isn’t bad, but

1 Like

He’s claiming to have made some magical regulator for his board designed and engineered in the US. It looks like it is mostly a kit from torque boards.

He makes all sorts of claims on the Facebook threads in the Electric Skateboard Club on FB

3 Likes

“i used a calculator with 100% efficiency”

i don’t know where he got his info

but i don’t think any of the other boards are from japan…
(hurricane is also $500 cheaper :joy:)

3 Likes

VESC tool reported 10wh/km for the first 10 km of this ride for me, but as you can see I had to go real slow. So like, it’s plausible, but definitely not real-world conditions Imo.

2 Likes

so i guess this is an extreme case of marketing of the performance

I want to know more about this custom onboard microprocessor regulator that puts off enough heat to need a heat sink and fan but somehow is ground breakingly efficient. His range test were based off “50% drain”.

1 Like

LOL…that caught my eye too. Claims what is extraordinary efficiency but talks about managing all the heat their electronics produce.

A calculated range test? Sheesh….nothing like assumptions to make for an accurate range spec. :roll_eyes:

There are no miracle regulators. Adding a CC/CV regulator circuit to the pack to limit the power to the ESC is just that…limiting the power that can be drawn to try to extend range at the expense of speed and/or torque. His mention of the extra heat management they needed just shows it’s a conventional setup for throttling performance IMO to get more range.

A perfectly acceptable approach, if marketed appropriately.

4 Likes

Don’t you wake Frank :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Heat generated by “the capacitors load on the regulator”?

I’m no EE but isn’t that either technobabble or an allusion to a borkload of reactive power? A high power oscillator is the key to efficiency :joy:

2 Likes

I can get 40+ miles (65+ km) on 1kWh on 110mm 'thane while cruising and while being fat. Doing more than light cruising though will be a lot less. And on pneummies far, far less.

If I was skinny, severely restricted my top speed, and used small hard 'thane wheels, I could probably pull off 55mi (89km) but it’d be a stretch.

3 Likes

Facebook… that basically explains everything… a hive of idiocy.

2 Likes