🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Heck, I’d love to just buy sturdy mounts for lights like that

I had to install some wider trucks to be able to ride it. I think I might be able to use the smaller ones after I get better at balancing and my ankles get stronger. I am slowly increasing the top speed limit but here’s a video of some testing. It feels really nice on the carves ezgif.com-gif-maker

11 Likes

Really cool!

1 Like

I want to try this out on a long board setup for a leifboard carvey feel! Start up a thread whenever you are ready :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I’ll start a thread later tonight. I think this concept has a lot of potential

1 Like

I think it’s time to replace those thanes…

2 Likes

You can still ride until you see the silver of the bearing

4 Likes

I always say “ride until you grind”

2 Likes

And then ride some more

2 Likes

Did you heat up the liquid? Something something i used water, a whole bottle of rit, a cup of vinegar, and a pump of soap, and periodically heated up the liquid so it’s at a soft boil.

2 Likes

Haha @Savage1 i’ll be doing exactly the sane thing :rofl:

3 Likes

I poured boiling water into that plastic bin, and added a whole bottle of dye, no dish soap or vinegar. It was a fail. :cry:. I realize I used the wrong dye.

I should’ve used the dye for synthetics. Also, I’ll go get an old pot from a secondhand store and put on my camp stove in the garage to maintain the heat. (I was gonna use the stove in the kitchen, but when the wife realized what I was doing, she kicked me out of there☹️

11 Likes

Ah yea that’s the wrong dye, it will make it darker a bit, but not black.

3 Likes

Double the synthetic dye to water ratio and use the soap and vinegar and it will be a great success!

6 Likes

i happen to love the green wheels! I wonder if the black dye will darken the logo?

I imagine a kickflip on that would be incredibly difficult.

Man i love that rocket skin job. What a cool graphic

2 Likes

Frakk’ me…they’re gorgeous.

4 Likes

…that might actually be one of the cheaper options for drop brackets, if you flipped em over and mounted them in the right place.

Cheers! Pretty stoked how they came out! The fabric on the demonseed got slightly skewed, but nothing i can do about it now :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like