šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

My uncle always used to say that assumptions were the mother of all fuck ups

6 Likes

Was your uncle in Under Seige 2 with our savior and GOAT martial artist Steven Segall?

I assume your uncle was also Australian. You antipodeans have always had such a grasp of the Queenā€™sā€¦ true cunning linguists :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My apologiesā€¦I definitely wasnā€™t thinking that my E-Scores should be used, only that the nominal Wh rating isnā€™t nearly as useful as so many feel.

Excellent!

I agree, it can still be used. But assuming the pack manufacturer has chosen a good cell is not advisable IMO. Iā€™ve seen too many bad packs. :slightly_smiling_face:

IMO the nominal Wh spec is just relied upon too much (along with nominal capacity) when comparing packs with different or unknown cells.

3 Likes

Agreed on the nominal watt hour not telling the full story. Iā€™ve been trying to decide on a cell and yeah, turns out itā€™s pretty complicatedā€¦

Watt hour changes dramatically with load, and higher nominal capacity cells like the 50E actually provide less energy than a lower nominal capacity high discharge cell like the P42A at just 15A. If you were pushing a board hard, say hilly roads at 35mph with a 12s3p, a 50E pack would have less range than a P42A pack. However, riding easy with a 12s8p and the 50E doesnā€™t look as bad. This doesnā€™t even factor in all the temperature and life cycle impacts of running these cells at high amps

Watt Hour (Wh) to Voltage Cutoff at different amp draws

3A to 3.0v* 10A to 3.0v 15A to 3.0v 20A to 3.0v 30A to 3.0v
30Q 9.8 9.0 8.5 6.9 N/A
50E 16.4 14.5 12.2 9.0 N/A
P42A 14.1 13.4 13.0 12.6 10.7
48x 15.8 14.7 14.0 11.0 7.6
50G 16.4 15.4 14.7 10.1 (est) 8 (est)
50S/T50 16.8 15.7 15.0 14.2 12 (est)

Too bad all the better performing cells than P42A are unobtainiumā€¦

1 Like

thanks for having me.

One question i have asked others is how well your fog-blocking thing works?

The line marks the tip of my nose

these mark where my lips are

so it doesnā€™t block the air from going up the visor. Any tips?

Removing that is the first thing I did when I got my tsg

1 Like

But how do you stop it from fogging up?

Donā€™t breathe

Serious answer, mine doesnā€™t fog up much at all.

4 Likes

I used anti-fog spray when I had mine, but then I started buying better helmets.

Mine doesnā€™t fog up whilst riding. Only when stopped so I just open a small crack for a bit and it clears up fastšŸ¤·

1 Like

Jan, you give me nerd-boners on the regular. Just thought you should know.

I <3 custom dev tools.

2 Likes

shots fired. Watchu got?

@DerelictRobot Lord of the dongs, what helmet are you using?

E: still

?

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re one of those people that thinks motocross helmets are the end all be all I personally think they look dumb when used for esk8

5 Likes

This is a very, very, very steep assumption.

Exhibit A: Evolve

1 Like

Actually if youā€™re talking about the gtr I think they chose the right cells. Those motors were too small anyway to take more power, than those 35e cells could deliver. It was never meant to be a powerful board.

The GT board just had bad pouch cells yeah

35E cells were absolutely chosen because they had a higher watt*hour rating on paper.

Evolve is all about inflating range advertising to ludicrous and unreachable levels.

1 Like

I wouldnt trust a TSG to save my cranium above 65kmh crashing into asphalt/guard rails, I can trust my icon airflite to do just fine at those speeds. Some are well served by the pass, but its not the universal solution for everything skate.

2 Likes

slow down 'bartner :rofl:

my top speed on a board was 53km/h and that was for a split second, I cruise around 40

1 Like

Go faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death - sonic? idk I never played the game