🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

It’s not often that truly nice things are. Locally manufactured is awesome tho!

4 Likes

Daammmmnn you ok?

4 Likes

Bruised the hell out of my ribs, so it’s real painful to breath and move. But otherwise I’m all good…
I’m grateful I got this helmet only a few days ago, because it saved my teeth and a trip to the ER.

5 Likes

@sleepless - do you have a link for this bad boy? I have a s73 z1 build in the works that is using a lot of oil slick parts as accents.

1 Like
2 Likes

Search “meroca mx2 colorful”

It’s on ali, ebay, etc

Here’s my smart light deep dive:

1 Like

I needed the ones with the strap on the back so had to pick emm up off ebay:

1 Like

The superbeast has steel (stainless steel, unknown alloy) motor gear, plastic (POM) idler gear, plastic (POM) wheel gear.

2 Likes

Sweet!

4 Likes

:framed_picture: Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer:

What’s the point of the idler gear? Seems like just another point of failure

1 Like

Troll attempt: 0 points

1 Like

For motor clearance to mount your motors at more angles, forward or reverse mount.

2 Likes

I was thinking this too, but I am no mechanical engineer. What is the advantage to having that idler gear?

1 Like

For urethane it seems to make some sense as you can reduce the size of the spur gear to get more clearance?

4 Likes

Yeah this is what I thought too, you either have to have the motors like how the BN M1 has it, or have really bad clearance

Also keep in mind there is only like one setup on street wheels where you can have the M1 facing the rear

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from :framed_picture: Pictures and Nothing Else!:

@frame My best guess is that its a switch that disconnects the charge port from the outside world.
When a charger is present, it opens up the highway towards the BMS. This would be a minimum requirement feature in a commercial product if you ask me :smiley:

5 Likes

This could present a problem, as some chargers look for a battery voltage before they will turn on the juice.

2 Likes

Yeah, its a valid concern.

We use an isolated pilot signal for our chargers to turn on at work. But thats in the double digit kW range

3 Likes

MADRID

1 Like

Dc Contactor/pilot relay w/ precharge circuit?

1 Like