🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

What was the solution?

CLA tool on GitHub and release under second license by Ben. Maybe still some problems there if you dig into technicalities but we can cross that bridge when we get there.

4 Likes

Yeah this is what I expected to have to happen. LGPL it is then?

^ nice. Will check this out.

1 Like

Yea, we borrowed from some other open source CLA stuff

4 Likes

Your use of “cyber” brings back memories of AOL free trial discs.

3 Likes

Do a kickflip

5 Likes

What deck is that?

1 Like

Looks like this one to me

Built my first DIY on one of these, it’s a decent deck.

2 Likes

@BenjaminF is right, that’s the exact one. hopefully doesn’t look too bad once it comes out of the vacuum bag

2 Likes

I like how long the ends look, to mitigate wheelbite.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I went for it. Sticking some sunmate superstars on it, and don’t want to have to think about wheel bite ever.

1 Like

Well that’s a difference of opinion as frank said not possible with out closing of the VESC project. I said it’s more refusing to do a awquard frustrating job of making it more assesable witch is the point of if VESC project.

Well, the hurdles to publish in the app store are high, but Jeff, Benjamin and I sat down and made the decision to try and find a solution. Then I sat down for two days and did a lot of reading and finally I found a way forward that should be acceptable by most code contributors. So we wrote up a CLA that code contributors need to sign before submitting code. This will give the VESC-Project the right to publish the software contribution under a commercial license in the app store, if the project assures to also publish the same code under the GPL in parallel to the commercial offering. We hope that this is beneficial to the community members with iPhones in their pockets.
Jeffrey put some amazing effort into the tool and user interface recently. The last days he spend a lot of time on nice analogue meters. Benjamin coded a lot around a new and much better motor detection, with help form Elwin.

Good news: With Benjamin now working almost full time on the VESC-Project and Jeffrey putting tons of hours in as well + external support form some clever like minded folks, the VESC software will become a lot better, easier to use and will also grow a bit.

8 Likes

Lol, i was missing one black wire and the red one was just sitting there :sweat_smile: i do admit, I felt a little guilty using it :rofl:

There are quite a few inconsistencies between the packs, i tried different things on a couple of them just to see what might be easier for the next batch.

9 Likes

Love it! a very nice retirement

3 Likes

May it shine light on all my future builds :bulb:

6 Likes

I’m really excited for this release. We have really all got behind it together to push forward some improvements.

7 Likes

The new VESC-Tool is so much better, I don’t even know where to start telling about all the improvements. So many improvements under the hood, so much better motor detection, and finally all your effort on the UI side of it + iOS.

2 Likes

Thank god

2 Likes