šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

The board is not CF

3 Likes

Man when I saw a picture of these I was like SWEET, can put a couple of these under the sur ron and make the middle glow and shit. Then saw the damn price :rofl:

I can buy enough LED strips with $50 to make my bike look like Times Square during Christmas and have it be connected to bikes batt.

7 Likes

The square shape at the end of the hanger is most likely design for the typical chinese hub motor. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Belts are great except for the picking rocks part.

Need to 3d print a belt coverā€¦

getting major ā€œspring stabilizerā€ vibes

Anyone else remember that a long time ago lol

1 Like

Thank god, our delivery arrives tomorrow. Lots of Bindings and heel straps and some wheels. Might take a pic of me in the bath with all those delicious bindings :joy::heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Oh please do!

2 Likes

Youā€™re going to make No Nut November hard for us m8! :joy:

5 Likes

#Tributeme

2 Likes

If the bathwater itā€™s full of mbs bindings Iā€™ll get 2 bottles plz

1 Like

Where are you riding?

While Iā€™ve had to pick a rock out, I can count the number of times on like 3 fingers. And thatā€™s ever. So, like less than 0.05 picks per year per belt skate

The number of plastic gears failing is more like 2 breaks per year per skate

also the belt still gets you home after you pick the rock out

1 Like

Number of steel gears failing per year is 0 baby!! Long live @Boardnamics

3 Likes

Iā€™ll bottle it and put it on the store

3 Likes

You need an Apex Bubble Basket, just Lmk :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll take ā€˜Made Up Statsā€™ for $500 Alex.

@b264 you wouldnā€™t exactly claim you have much of any experience building with or riding on gear drives, yeah?

We get that you broke a gear one time, your first time riding them and theyā€™re forever tainted, but understand that they work great for a number of production boards that ship with POM geardrives stock.

Your reality doesnā€™t necessarily match the majority of user experiences when it comes to gear drives. Fabricating numbers to back up your opinions isnā€™t helpful to folks looking to learn the practical differences between the options.

7 Likes

This reminded me that Trebek is goneā€¦and made me sad.

:pensive:

At least Pat Sajak is still around.

2 Likes

Is there a chance that these are actually great? Like people will want to use them for diy?

1 Like

I have no idea at all, but they look interesting.

I feel like they appear to be bendy, especially for fat folks, but I have no experience with them.

1 Like

Honestly Iā€™m just pointing out that outright fabricating statistics isnā€™t helpful to anyone here.

LaCroix & Kaly.NYC both have primary product offerings that demonstrate in the real world why POM gears work fine in this application. Belts have their place too, Iā€™m not trying to discount their effectiveness.

Thereā€™s no need to resort spreading misinformation on this topic, thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying. We get it, you donā€™t like POM gear solutions. It can end there without making things up to validate your opinion.

Cheers

:heart:

There is hope after all. I really appreciate you writing a post trying to help, that isnā€™t designed to be as abrasive as possible.

Cheers brother

skate and love

1 Like