🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

oh no no no i mean buyin replacements from the vendor who made it before they stop

Also, manufacturers selling replacement gears are essentially doing the community a favour, because I doubt there is much profit in stocking those (though I could be wrong)

But without those, the gear drives, especially with plastic gears, would age badly. Kind of like picking up a 1972 Lamborghini Miura SVJ that only needs a transmission.

3 Likes

true enough

Past year entirely on belts with zero issues - no broken belts, not even tension adjustments.

The year before that exclusively on gears:

• Broken plastic gears.
  • Having to wait for the proprietary gears to arrive.
  • Loose pinions from shock loads, despite being degreased and glued properly.
  • Overheating due to not being able to change gear ratios easily.
  • Opening for regreasing/inspection is a lot of work.

Going with belts for my next build :metal:
#b264wasright

4 Likes

The cost of a gear drive is more than double the cost of pullys and a lifetime supply of m5 belts.

There is advantages to both it’s why both are still used .

Belts
Cheaper, larger tolerances, easy to maintain, easer to set up, can use cheaper cast trucks.

Gear drives
Dot get sticks jamming up the system, very little matanance.

1 Like

Do you have a link for these?

2 Likes

See @Boardnamics , I told you you could create a channel truck that used standard skateboard pivot cups! :crazy_face:

But oh my god why did they just leave the other end metal on metal like that

3 Likes

US $45.69 | 25cm/26cm electric aluminum alloy dual springs cushion skateboard trucks light flexible stable

3 Likes

Interesting how one truck has 35mm axles and the other one has 54mm axles. Smells like it was designed for DIY esk8 building. Or maybe hub motors

6 Likes

The board is not CF

3 Likes

Man when I saw a picture of these I was like SWEET, can put a couple of these under the sur ron and make the middle glow and shit. Then saw the damn price :rofl:

I can buy enough LED strips with $50 to make my bike look like Times Square during Christmas and have it be connected to bikes batt.

7 Likes

The square shape at the end of the hanger is most likely design for the typical chinese hub motor. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Belts are great except for the picking rocks part.

Need to 3d print a belt cover…

getting major “spring stabilizer” vibes

Anyone else remember that a long time ago lol

1 Like

Thank god, our delivery arrives tomorrow. Lots of Bindings and heel straps and some wheels. Might take a pic of me in the bath with all those delicious bindings :joy::heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Oh please do!

2 Likes

You’re going to make No Nut November hard for us m8! :joy:

5 Likes

#Tributeme

2 Likes

If the bathwater it’s full of mbs bindings I’ll get 2 bottles plz

1 Like

Where are you riding?

While I’ve had to pick a rock out, I can count the number of times on like 3 fingers. And that’s ever. So, like less than 0.05 picks per year per belt skate

The number of plastic gears failing is more like 2 breaks per year per skate

also the belt still gets you home after you pick the rock out

1 Like