šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

agreedā€¦Iā€™m one of them. My brain farts when it comes to Fahrenheit and celsius. Iā€™m cool with the rest of the metric system.

1 Like

I think they are terrible.

Fucking really weird size, donā€™t plan on double stack 21700 unless youā€™re willing to add a 10mm gasket, the wire channels donā€™t provide enough room to safely route balance and series wires. Theyā€™re made of like 1mm kydex, and feel extremely flimsy.

4 Likes

I agree, but a 1cm gasket seems really excessive

Iā€™ve made a 25mm gasket :rofl: that was excessive. These enclosures are just dumb.

2 Likes

lmao, well that answers that. the guy seemed pretty dedicated. maybe heā€™ll take feedback and improve

2 Likes

2 Likes

Feels like you begged the gods for this one my man

2 Likes

Hit a car that decided to turn into a parking lot by crossing my bike lane full speed infront of an 18wheeler. I had a choice between hitting the car at 50kmh or try to swerve away. I managed both. The tubes took the entirety of the impact.
I cut the edge off and itā€™s like it never happened

7 Likes

With the FALCON from the picture it wouldnā€™t have broke a belt lol

1 Like

I rather have to change belts than risk having to buy a gear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I mean u could go steel gear since Boardnamics made a adapters for his gears to be compatible with hypertrucks as well as 3 link and you wont have either issue and a more direct 1:1 acceleration and braking from the pinions directly touching but ik u like ur belts.

1 Like

and another small tid bit, even if u was to have plastic gears. the longevity difference between them vs belts is still drastic, u wouldnt have to replace the gear no where near as often as u would have to with belts regardless of oh belt quality since its still in the open and can be popped or torn at anytime over a sealed plastic gear which at worse will loose teeth or crack after maybe 2k miles on the saddle.

Until you snap some teeth off the plastic gear. And then itā€™s WAAAY worse than putting a new $3 belt on.

1 Like

yea but honestly plastic gears dont cost much and the overtime replacement cost of belts vs plastic gears ud probably still spend more on belts then on maybe 1 to 2 gears every year. hell even if i was to fuck up my steel gears somehow replacement cost isnt insane, 30 bucks for a new set of teeth and im set XD

Bullshit LOL

But also what if your gear drive isnā€™t made anymore or you canā€™t find replacement gears? HTD 5M timing belts are easy to find globally and super cheap instead of having maybe one bespoke manufacturer that made small batches.

2 Likes

they u can check all the prices of plastic gears from vendors who sell rn XD. also good point on if ur gear isnt made anymore but thats mainly down to u taking the initiative to get some extras just incase.

Itā€™s super unlikely that an off-the-shelf plastic gear is going to fit your esk8 drive, especially if itā€™s not straight-cut.

but i hear ya on the gears are temporary, belts are eternal XD

1 Like

oh no no no i mean buyin replacements from the vendor who made it before they stop

Also, manufacturers selling replacement gears are essentially doing the community a favour, because I doubt there is much profit in stocking those (though I could be wrong)

But without those, the gear drives, especially with plastic gears, would age badly. Kind of like picking up a 1972 Lamborghini Miura SVJ that only needs a transmission.

3 Likes