šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Lol i only have these assembled so theyre easier to store. If anything i might run on em on my purple 36dh mini with my other boosted parts just to get a feel for the deck before i really build it out xD
@Evwan editing to add, caliber hangers on paris baseplates were the sexiest truck combo that existed til boardnamics hit the scene. Im still a sucker for white paris baseplates T.T

:kissing_heart:

Idk. Not sure Iā€™ll ride this board in the rain either.if I do Iā€™ll let you know

1 Like

Mint build, fella! What ESC are you running in there? That top-secret SC beta?

p.s. Love the Roci reference! :nerd_face: :rocket:

7 Likes

What happened to franks BS about never doing it as apple supposedly will never alow open sours on iso.

1 Like

Ahh! The modular kydex enclosures from that Mr whats-his-face. I was curious to hear a first hand report.

How do you like them?
What color did you go with?

The metal mounting brackets seemed extra beefy

2 Likes

agreedā€¦Iā€™m one of them. My brain farts when it comes to Fahrenheit and celsius. Iā€™m cool with the rest of the metric system.

1 Like

I think they are terrible.

Fucking really weird size, donā€™t plan on double stack 21700 unless youā€™re willing to add a 10mm gasket, the wire channels donā€™t provide enough room to safely route balance and series wires. Theyā€™re made of like 1mm kydex, and feel extremely flimsy.

4 Likes

I agree, but a 1cm gasket seems really excessive

Iā€™ve made a 25mm gasket :rofl: that was excessive. These enclosures are just dumb.

2 Likes

lmao, well that answers that. the guy seemed pretty dedicated. maybe heā€™ll take feedback and improve

2 Likes

2 Likes

Feels like you begged the gods for this one my man

2 Likes

Hit a car that decided to turn into a parking lot by crossing my bike lane full speed infront of an 18wheeler. I had a choice between hitting the car at 50kmh or try to swerve away. I managed both. The tubes took the entirety of the impact.
I cut the edge off and itā€™s like it never happened

7 Likes

With the FALCON from the picture it wouldnā€™t have broke a belt lol

1 Like

I rather have to change belts than risk having to buy a gear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I mean u could go steel gear since Boardnamics made a adapters for his gears to be compatible with hypertrucks as well as 3 link and you wont have either issue and a more direct 1:1 acceleration and braking from the pinions directly touching but ik u like ur belts.

1 Like

and another small tid bit, even if u was to have plastic gears. the longevity difference between them vs belts is still drastic, u wouldnt have to replace the gear no where near as often as u would have to with belts regardless of oh belt quality since its still in the open and can be popped or torn at anytime over a sealed plastic gear which at worse will loose teeth or crack after maybe 2k miles on the saddle.

Until you snap some teeth off the plastic gear. And then itā€™s WAAAY worse than putting a new $3 belt on.

1 Like

yea but honestly plastic gears dont cost much and the overtime replacement cost of belts vs plastic gears ud probably still spend more on belts then on maybe 1 to 2 gears every year. hell even if i was to fuck up my steel gears somehow replacement cost isnt insane, 30 bucks for a new set of teeth and im set XD