šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

That new xenith color scheme is dope af, idec if itll sit inside a board unseen.

Iā€™ll expose my ignorance here and admit that I canā€™t tell whether removing the IMU and CAN transceiver from the PCB is a good or a bad thing. They sound like they mightā€™ve been of some use?

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that means you canā€™t use them in a 4wd :anguished:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what that means

3 Likes

Kinda odd that it still has a CAN port on the silicone cover. What, is there just nothing under it now?

To remove the hole in the cover means adjusting to tooling which is very expensive and somewhat permanent.

Can bus chips have been hit hard by supply chain issues due to the car makers bulk buying the stock. But Iā€™m sure as soon as they are available again BKB will start putting them back in.

5 Likes

True that. Honestly i think im gonna get one, i need another esc at the moment, and all my boards are 2wd anyways. And if i do make a 4wd board, im sure id still have a use for it on something. Also, i may be wrong, but couldnt you technically run split ppm if youre going 4?

Yoy could but it wouldnā€™t help the fact the ESCā€™a are no longer capable of communicating between them. This is something useful for minor details like turning them off

2 Likes

True that. Id think traction control wouldnt work right, either. I have my board set up to power down after 5 minutes inactive, so i can just put it down and forget about it anyways. But no CANbus isnt the biggest deal, imo. Can be worked around. And i like the size profile of the xenityā€™s.

And by IMU, he means Inertial Measurement Unit? I actually didnā€™t know they had one of those in the first place tbh.

I read on some other thread lately that an inspection of the Xenith v2 didnā€™t reveal any discernable difference to the Unity. Now weā€™ve got the next iteration that removes components and features? Wouldnā€™t Xenith v0.9 be a more fitting designation?

6 Likes

I mean it seems like all the Xenith upgrades are slowly making their way back to the unity so I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see a new ESC from japo missing the same components. They all come from the same place after all.

Maybe it will be a tenka+, now with twice the FETs :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks! Lots of homework on this one. Very happy with the results. Will be installing some Bergmeisters and bn270ā€™s to finish it off :love_you_gesture:

Specs

-Bustin Sportster diy custom routered, carbon skinned on bottom 3 plies and e glass skinned on top 2 plies with frit finish
-custom diy carbon enclosure
-DIY 10s4p molicel p42a battery
-dual 6374 bh flipsky motors
-Boardnamics motor mounts with idler
-Focbox tenka motor controller with Bluetooth module
-Llt smart bms
-Amazon 90mm wheels
-boardnamics 220 truck hangers
-caliber baseplates
-flipsky vx2 remote

3 Likes

Is that a daly 10S bms on your pack? Gorgeous build btw. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  • CNC Forged MBS trucks
  • 907 Wh 12S4P battery (18.9 Wh per cell)
  • 15 Wh/km consumption (based on the range)

Seems legit.

3 Likes

I was mostly curious about the trucks. If theyā€™re indeed MBS trucks this might be the first look at Matrix IIIs, or it could have been a catch-all they used for channel style trucks. They donā€™t look anything like the prototype M3s from before though (unless theyā€™ve been heavily refined) so Iā€™m leaning towards the latter. Or thereā€™s actually a second kingpin (idk how though). Itā€™s something? :man_shrugging:

Yes it is, the 15A common port.

2 Likes

Iā€™m almost certain that whoever wrote those specs simply confused MBS with MTB.

CNC Forgedā€¦ Clearly had no clue what they are writing about. Kinda sad.

6 Likes

Yeah I think youā€™re right, the other profile shot looks completely different. Interesting that they pretty much ripped off the Shockblocks though.

I have heard CNC forged in the way that itā€™s first forged, then CNCā€™d to spec. Maybe thatā€™s what they meant?

No way. It would be hard to believe even if this wasnā€™t a cheap copy of Kaly.NYC and if the specs werenā€™t full of bullshit.

18.9 Wh cells. Come on.

1 Like

Maybe they use pouch cells or 26650 cells instead? Kinda weird but not impossible since thatā€™s what, a 5Ah cell? The enclosure looks kind of fat for a 12S4P.

Not doubting the BS, just trying to wrap my head around how these stats would ever make sense.

1 Like