šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

seems kinda steepā€¦ Can I just buy you instead?

7 Likes

wholly faaak how long you had those tires?

2 Likes

Those are my new Kendasā€¦ Just a couple rides. They ainā€™t that badā€¦

2 Likes

wholly faaaak your tire budget must be through the roofā€¦ do you shred 'thane as abnormally fast as you destroy pneummies?

all respect d00d

3 Likes

My deal with thane is less wear but more bad luckā€¦

The Kendas actually hold up ok.

I burned through a set of bergs in a 100 milesā€¦

5 Likes

@Harrisonwms1 lol nice use! Canā€™t tell in the photo but make sure the flashlights are seated properly if possible. The clamps arenā€™t fully rounded because the section of the flashlights that have flat sides sit in the clamp.

1 Like

hahahahaa yeah you posted the day or so when you ran over a big ass staple or sumptinā€¦

that got me thinkinā€™ā€¦ I ran over an evil bottle capā€¦ that stuck in my 'thane wheelā€¦ (before you say it ainā€™t possible, I thought the same before the eventā€¦)

it was right at the top of a really fun down hillā€¦ it was only fun for a few momentsā€¦

3 Likes

Well thatā€™s a better grip job than before!

3 Likes

I really like the new grip dude :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Here they are in daylight.
See new newā€¦

2 Likes

I used it for 3 years and then i began to notice that my belt was slipping :smiley:
The belt was still pretty fine. A little worn off, but not as much as the pulley. I also changed it, but it would have still been fine for another year or so.

2 Likes

@ATC

Whatā€™s that in the center of the deck?

2 Likes

BMS, charge part and anti-spark.

5 Likes

Looks good brother. Better than when @Skyart had it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha!!! Waaaaay better!!!

2 Likes

But you already did the hard work on it.

1 Like

Can you snap a pic of the front and back as well? :innocent:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Where did you get that copper strip?

These take forever to arriveā€¦

1 Like

On aliexpress last year. I bought sheet and cut to size but yeah strip would be much better

btw, the piece in the middle is actually Beryllium copper (BeCu), the other pieces are Cu/Ni.
Why Beryllium copper? It can flex without breaking I was interested in itā€™s properties but itā€™s a bit too thick.

I have some silver coated Beryllium copper wire which I may use for a tight upcoming situation where I need to split a parallel packs into two parts itā€™s typically used as spring wire for high ampacity cell holders, but yeah Iā€™d pick silver coated flat copper braid in that case if there were room.

Materials nerd wasting $$$ Also you should avoid licking it, quite toxic

4 Likes