🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

thanks mate! Took a fucking hot minute and discovered some flaws I’d make different for next time but yes! It works!

3 Likes

told you it’s shitty

12 Likes

It’s a work of art

9 Likes

I can die happy now… thank you.

4 Likes

That is @SeanHacker in a gimp suit. Those black tights tore like tissue paper.

7 Likes

What happens when the pack gets hot @glyphiks?

If the pack is getting hot enough to melt petg, the pack has bigger problems than melted petg :man_shrugging:

These are cosmetic more than anything else :grin:

7 Likes

Yeah but it starts to get soft at 60-70°C, which some packs can reach, I think. Idk where you intend to put those but a series connection would be a bad place, me thinks.

1 Like

They are just going on the ends of the individual packs to cover bare terminals. They will also be wrapped in kapton. Anywhere they are touching another group, it will be in an opposing direction and that group will be wrapped in fishpaper.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that any of these packs will ever reach 60-70C for any considerable period of time, and even if they did, I strongly doubt that would be enough to work it’s way through 1mm thick petg :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

sounds like you got your bases covered. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m confused, are only 3 packs in series? Given that you use a 12s BMS?

1 Like

Affirmative sir, 12s2p, or 3 in series, of 2 groups in parallel, of 4s. so 4s packs in parallel, x3 in series. fuck thats hard to explain

5 Likes

lmao yeah, i was thinking hard how to even formulate my question. 2p*(3*4s) makes it clearer I think.

1 Like

@Pickled_Monkey

10 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Is that 280 cells there? :joy:

9 Likes

252 flat
96 with fish paper, 348total

I believe

10 Likes

Just waiting patiently for my 20s14p 🥲

5 Likes

Lol no, these are all the other packs I have to finish before I start yours :joy: and there is one or two more also :crazy_face::joy:

3 - 12s4p
1 - 12a5p
1 - 12s8p
In the pic

5 Likes

he’s ready to risk it all for a joke

4 Likes

not gonna lie… that scorpion chair is the most amazing thing I’ve seen and I need it in my life.

3 Likes