šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I am the only lonely soul that knows of this spot. Back off Jack. :wink:

1 Like

Hey man, please donā€™t buy either the maytech dual trigger or flipsky v3, the maytech drops connections in urban areas and the flipsky has a dangerous amount of trigger throw (ie none). Save your money for the DRI dual trigger remote, I imagine its pretty far out timeline wise but you wont be risking your skin every time you use it.

6 Likes

Absolute fucking horror.

2 Likes

You mean the Vaporware9000? :kissing:

The biggest hold-up is cost. We have some 0-100 throw cybertech thumbwheels that would work, but itā€™s already the most expensive component in the remote so 2x of em blows pricing up.

We have our own modular hall-effect thumbwheel in the works which will give a much lower cost option, so likely will coincide with that development.

9 Likes

Rome wasnā€™t build in a day, but you have at least @ShutterShock, @Venom121212 and myself refreshing DRI page furiously in anticipation.

7 Likes

Butā€¦ why wouldnā€™t you use foam to fully pad instead of 4 points/lines of contact?

NoSno, NoWind,ā€¦ Thank God for the Weed during those tough times!

I feel the straps are way more secure than foam, plus I need all the hight for the ESC. There is no movement from side to side. I just needed it to not move up.

@Trampa @Lee_Wright @DerelictRobot

Minor changes in axle placement (rake) and offset from the pivot always have huge impacts on the ride which gives different trucks unique benefits and drawbacks. Although rake and offset from the pivot do not translate 1-to-1 with exactly where the axle is positioned on PKP trucks, the point is that as long as we arenā€™t copying exact geometry I see there being a huge benefit in discovering the unique benefits to minor design changes just like 0 vs 2 vs -2 vs +/-4 degree rake, vs in-line with the kingpin (magun) vs not (most others) or somewhere in-between (kahalani), vs TKP with axles shifted to the other side and the bushing seat twisted up away from the pivot a bit relative to RKP. How about flipped PKP hangars, how do they handle with different geometries.

Yā€™all got some good products and are pushing the game forward but thereā€™s never an endgame. Thereā€™s arguably the best, and my only argument is that best is always relative (especially to the times) as people like you guys help to push the nuances to find better.

3 Likes

I donā€™t disagree with any points youā€™ve made here; clearly there are small geometric differences in the trucks that can have a big impact on ride response & feel.

The issue at hand isnā€™t the truck geometry, itā€™s that we have one of the largest vendors & one that is loudly outspoken against anyone infringing upon their designs, very clearly taking aim at a smaller company. They have a history of anticompetitive behavior against a number of individuals and companies, this is just the latest offense.

The ā€œTrampA IRā€ trucks are, in my opinion, stylized very similarly to the Apex Air, likely to confuse customers and ride on the Airs popularity and brand recognition.

Youā€™ll notice that these trucks donā€™t look anything like a previous Trampa design, but look very similarly to the Air. Combined with their play on ā€œAIRā€ in their product name + well documented history of harassing Lee & Apex, and what we have here is a toxic player.

Remember, the same Frank sent legal threats to Stewie over the ESCape because it was ā€œblack and squareā€. But somehow the same exact behavior is admissable?

I donā€™t care how good Trampaā€™s gear is. I want them to stop acting like anticompetitive corporate suits. Itā€™s greedy, questionably legal, & against the very spirit of skateboarding.

28 Likes

Lol I didnā€™t see the TrampA IR detail. Imo, valid case to make here, again (see previous example you mentioned ++)

:eye::lips::eye: @Trampa

3 Likes

Iā€™ll finally send you those under peen photos if thatā€™s what it takes.

2 Likes

In difference the Iridiums feature:

• offset axle position
  • box profile hanger
  • covered kingpins
  • lowered axle position
  • forward shifted baseplate for increased wheel base

So you are quite right, there are many details being very different.

Just so weā€™re clear, youā€™re honestly asking us to believe that:

TrampA IR = Trampa Iridium ?

Even though itā€™s not mentioned once on the product page?

sure-icelandic

Coupled with the amateur-hour superstar product page rant, this is getting to be a pretty big pill to swallow. Not sure how you do it.

It sure would appear Trampa is deliberately targeting and harassing a smaller vendor. Again.

27 Likes

trampavesc.com

3 Likes

what is the kingpin center distance? Care if other make their own hangers or adjustable baseplates?

1 Like

Y E S

I definitely will be there lol

3 Likes

If you want to claim that IR stands for Iridium (lulz), you should name those trucks TRAMPA Ir.

You lost an opportunity there to be a bit less disingenuous (but still disingenuous af) and call it the TRAMPA Infra-reds.

Everyone with half a brain cell can see the pettiness.

Whatever floats your boat/inflates your ego.

13 Likes

If course they do, but thereā€™s not much they can do to stop you.

Only thing to be aware of is that if you design some sick new adjustable baseplate with some novel mechanism, you can guarantee to see it in the trampa store within 6 months.

10 Likes

vertical screenshots of picturesā€¦ alright

nice pack tho

2 Likes