🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Perfect, and absolutely necessary feature. The pcb inside all looks to be ported so guessing that means everything is plug and play. Meaning you could switch between the two styles if you wanted?

3 Likes

So, what is it, you double press the “T” button?

2 Likes

power button twice

4 Likes

Ah nice alright

2 Likes

Yes. This PCB revision isn’t perfect; with RA headers directly mounted on PCB it only works with 2/4 of the shell designs, otherwise you have to bottom-mount them, so we ended up using small pigtail extensions for this first beta batch for anyone who wants to play with multiple designs.

Next hardware revision will reduce the overall PCB size/shape so this problem goes away.

2 Likes

I guess we’re due to make an official thread here shortly, but Renee just gave a peek at some other new features; on-remote fault alerts & the secondary display screen with motor/esc temp & wh/mile.

@fessyfoo You had some questions related to quickly being able to check battery voltage, etc during a ride; the design intent was to bring any ride-relevant information directly to your remote so that your phone can stay put away during your ride. FreeSK8 Mobile has always been intended as a post/pre-ride application, as we’re taking the integrated approach with Robogotchi & OSRR hardware.

10 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

7 Likes

Looks like you put turkish delight on them

7 Likes

I wanted to polish them to a nice glossy finish but I gave up.:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Keep going. I believe in you.

5 Likes

hand polishing those tiny stuff isn’t as fun as I thought it would be :sweat_smile:

They will stay frosty :cold_face:

3 Likes

You might have actually found a use for all those tiny extra polishing wheels that come with Dremels and their knockoffs.

This plus polishing compound would take no time.

5 Likes

Lazy way: masking tape tape and gloss clear coat.
(Edit - this might look a bit better but still not the same as polishing them)

2 Likes

Oh god. I’m working through my second package of those. I think the pic is from what I ordered on Amazon.

The ones that have the built in spindle are much better. These loosen up and spin.

Mother’s polish is the product you want for compound.

I’ve done hangers, 4 gear drives, a set of bergs, and surfnacho wheels.

4 Likes

What board is this?

2 Likes

Floatwheel casualty?

4 Likes

It’s an old Rayne Vandal V1 that had been collecting dust which I found priced down. No plans to electrify yet but it’ll be a nice analog for the moment

I dig the frosted pink.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Whoa…you are getting really, really good at hiding the wiring!

7 Likes