šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

would be if i was my own HR

hmmā€¦ most of remotes arround here looks like dongs, but this one looks like a particularly nasty one U.u

2 Likes

Iā€™m totally sure my gf will be fine with me buying it!!

1 Like

Carefull, if it gets too slippery, that could be dangerous

So, uhh that aside: great job with the remote! I decided to support and placed an order a few days ago. I didnā€™t think much about the finger loop and Iā€™m wondering how big that opening is. The reason Iā€™m asking is because Iā€™m planning to use it while wearing motorcycle gloves. Do you think itā€™ll be an issue?

1 Like

Whatā€™s the foot switch port loop key for?

1 Like

Who knew you could learn stuff by reading the user manual!?

4 Likes

Woah thatā€™s awesome! Iā€™ll have to make one too when I get home.

1 Like

Not at all. :slight_smile: These were all designed to work with gloves, with these Orsa acting as my ā€˜heavy gloveā€™ metric.

4 Likes

Yay! Thanks.

1 Like

Ooh, one more thing: I have a Hoyt puck with a nib and itā€™s actually rather uncomfortable because my thumb rests on it in the wrong spot for accurate control. For that reason I figured to try the round wheel instead. Bad call? Iā€™m still thinking to try that approach.

1 Like

Thatā€™s generally why one prefers one over the either, based on the discussions Iā€™ve had.

Since this is beta weā€™re going to give folks the option of trying out different options and find what works best, so if one style of thumbwheel isnā€™t working just ping us and we can work out a swap for the other style. Thumbwheels are modular and easy to change out.

I personally am using Roundwheel on the Bruce and Knobwheel on the Albert, but it boils down to user preference.

Bonus size comparison between Albert and the Maytech V2 remote:

8 Likes

Wait so, itā€™s just, officially for sale like that? Or has this been there and I didnā€™t notice it for sale?

Mebe trigger version is in dev

1 Like

Naw, not entirely; we had about 10 remotes left over extra from this initial beta batch of 50, so I quietly added inventory on the site so some folks that had been waiting could grab one. The extra units from this batch are just about gone though.

Eastwood (trigger variant) is not yet released.

We also have a dual split trigger design akin to the Maytech V2 in the works.

6 Likes

Ah okay. These babies are what Iā€™m looking for I think

Iā€™m sure the thumbwheel ones are good too I just like my triggers

I seem to remember you saying that the remotes can work with multiple receivers, is that right?

2 Likes

I donā€™t even use triggers, but you trigger people have been sending me vaguely threatening PMs for 2+ years now, so I guess Iā€™m doing this if I like my toes.

If youā€™ve ever paired a Hoyt Puck you will know how to pair an OSRR. Takes about 5-10 seconds.

6 Likes

Lol have you ever tried them before? Itā€™s just something about having so much throttle control thatā€™s comforting.

That being said, I have really started to enjoy my puck on my mountainboard so I might be in the process of conversionā€¦

So if you wanted to use the remote with more than one board, or more than one remote, with one board, that would be possible?

I could imagine buying more than one receiver, but more than one remote would be hard to swing

1 Like

The process is at follows:

Hold button on OSRR, turn on remote. Youā€™ll see a pairing status on the screen looking for receiver. Turn on your board, fin.

You cannot pair a remote to multiple receivers simultaneously because thatā€™s fuckin silly.

5 Likes

Ah gotcha okay, simple enough.

Right, obviously you donā€™t want to control two boards at the same time.

but dumb question that Iā€™m sure youā€™ve thought of - I assume that it will only auto pair with receivers itā€™s paired with before? If youā€™re saying you donā€™t have to press a button on the receiver or something, how does it know to not pair to someone elseā€™s board if they were to turn it on when your remote was in pairing mode

Or say you use this remote in your mountainboard and street board, when you go out for the day, you just turn on whichever one you want to use and it auto pairs to it based on it being turned on first?

3 Likes

I like your weiner dog probe grips :grin:

1 Like