šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Yeah I just stomped on the EVA case for fun and it caved in super easily.
Iā€™m gonna keep on the prowl for a plastic hard case with good dimensionsā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great idea mounting it in that manner, but I really want to maximize my standing platform on my board since itā€™s being top mounted. The shorter the better.
Idk Iā€™m gonna keep looking around for cases, especially hard cases, cause now that sleepless brings it up I really donā€™t want my shit to explode under someoneā€™s car.

2 Likes

So much standing room with these tiny dimensions.
If I mounted yours in this manner it would still have plenty of standing room, but the enclosure would be peeking over the edge of the board by a inch on each side, and that would annoy the shit out of me.
Or I could mount it lengthwise and sacrifice some standing platform.
We shall see where this goes.

1 Like

Oh its for a street board. I thought it was for mountainboard. yeah I tried using that same enclosure for a streetboard and I hated it. now I gotta find a better solution lol.

almost no footroom.

1 Like

Yup for a streetboard, I could get an enclosure for the bottom but I want to ride the pump track near me and not scrape so top mount we go.
Thatā€™s how I felt riding my evo with a big ass nanuk 905 on top. No fun lol.

1 Like

We have been re-watching. Love these movies.

And yes, good feeling :sunglasses:šŸ¤Œ

2 Likes

Mugged a bunch of people outside Chelsea Piers? :crazy_face:
This was the German TV crewā€™s car?

Oopsā€¦nvm.

1 Like

I posted the same thing twice by accident and was called out in t minus 30 seconds. We got caught in the rain and had to go back to Jersey in a car :confused:

1 Like

Same, but different haha. I think weā€™re at opposite ends of the globe too @BigBen

1 Like

This was just outside Perth, a few years back mind. Just got the old synapses firing when I saw your photo. (we donā€™t get pelicans usually)

1 Like

Ah, makes sense. It did seem very familiar. Hit me up for a cruise if you ever return to Perth as Iā€™ve got a few boards!!

2 Likes

Love to, we will when a little of this madness calms. Probably to Fremantle where my mates are. Which reminds me, I must send him that 44 that I keep promising him. :rofl:

1 Like

Could you share the dimensions you used for all the cutouts? Looks like a snug fit.

If you also wanna share the inserts you used and the dimension hole you used in cad for them that would be great too!

Great work!

3 Likes

Dimensions for the cutouts arenā€™t accurate, I imported the connectors from grabcad and used those for test prints. 0.3 offset around the outside of the connector fit very nice on my test cubes but I had to file the actual enclosure holes a little bit to get them to fit. I guess 0.35 would work fine.

The inserts are Ruthex M3 inserts but ones from aliexpress would work too, make sure you get the opposite knurled ones since they lock in very firmly. The holes are modeled 3.9mm according to the datasheet.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. Could you give me the absolute dimensions?

1 Like

For what holes specifically? XT90, MR60 or the inserts?

Lmao all of them if you donā€™t mind :grimacing: I kinda wanna copy you. Just got my printer working again

1 Like

Sent you the files on discord :wink:

1 Like

Man I tried using these for the first time the other day and I noticed it fucked the threads up on all my test 3. I gave up on trying to use them after that. Maybe they were just junk or the iron was too hot. You experienced anything of the sort?

Fucked up the inside threads? I pushed them in with a T12 B2 tip set to 200C.