šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

the new board from evolve

3 Likes

oh for sure, but it seems they dont make them anymore, plus this was back in 2012

oh yeah

cant believe they are tryig to charge liek 3k$ for it

they made some nice inovation but costs waaaaaaaaay to much

oh good
thought this was a recent endeavor

Itā€™s like one of those paintings with eyes that follow you around the room, but stares at your DMs instead

Edit: just realized this is a deck, but it looks like it goes on a wall as art

5 Likes

Gonna need to delete this and repost without text, see thread title

3 Likes

@BigBen That enclosure looks incredible, forged carbon fiber look? How did you even do that?

3 Likes

??

There is not a single piece of text in the entire thread

Text embedded in pictures is ok but no regular text.

If I didnā€™t flag it someone else would

2 Likes

Ok, Iā€™m new. My bad.

2 Likes

No problem I just knew that you were new and wouldnā€™t be able to edit it out

2 Likes

Time, patience and carbon fibre. :grin:

6 Likes

Thats so cool! So itā€™s a real forged carbon enclosure?

3 Likes

Agreed, that enclosure looks absolutely unique. Iā€™ve seen forged carbon thrown around before, but god that enclosure is on a new level. Making me regret getting my eboosted enclosureā€¦ jk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Having not tried it, take this with a giant grain of salt, but Iā€™d think like this would feel similar to Evolve remotes. Assigning two diametrically opposed functions (accel & decel) the same input (squeeze this,) but to different fingers is asking for trouble. Itā€™s why automobile design encourages the use of the same foot for accelerating and braking. Iā€™d also imagine incremental control of squeezing would be trash vs thumb flexion/extension, but that could likely be trained.

4 Likes

I personally love my dual trigger remote but I donā€™t like that one in the sense that only one function can be active at a time

On the remote I use braking always overrides acceleration

4 Likes

Yes. Real forged carbon first layer with a fibreglass backing. Itā€™s the only one in the wild.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s so awesome. Are you intending to sell them? Whatā€™s the price premium?

Is it just a feature you can add to any existing enclosure?

Iā€™m really trying not to make many more enclosures as I find it really difficult to find the time and costs of materials is rising all the time. The odd one or two of these may surface but itā€™s not something Iā€™m actively pushing.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s reasonable speculation that at least some of the Evolve crashes are from people getting over zealous when attempting to accelerate, but closing their fist and jamming on the brakes which override the accelerator. Reverse whiskey throttling, in a sense. Never seen it happen in person, but having seen plenty of videos of first-timers on motorcycles rapidly going from 1/4 throttle to wide open, dumping their ass of the back end, it adds up. Which remote are you using, out of curiosity?

1 Like

Interesting speculation. When I ride I full grip the remote, then when I brake, I move my thumb into place and press it.

Right now Iā€™m using the Maytech V2, great in every way except it needs a better radio with signal intereference rejection

2 Likes