šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I donā€™t see them taking this away. I love this option too

1 Like

Your referring to the Kami remote correct? Just making sure I mark the correct one, im probably gonna get both anyways because they seem like they are coming for the puck remotes throneā€¦

1 Like

Your remote looks great!

Curious; are you using the ESP32 built-in radio for the remote connection?

@ShutterShock I believe @KAMI_Boards is using the same radios used in the OSRR. Can confirm that they are top-notch (and spendy).

1 Like

Correct, this is the only remote I have been testing

1 Like

Man the remote scene is something to watch for sureā€¦ within the past year it went from pretty awful to you three producing insane top notch remotes that will hopefully solve all our issuesā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks for the peek inside!
Is there any concern about the bottom of the battery possibly shorting those two contacts together over time?

[edit] No, this is not an issueā€¦see below.

3 Likes

Awesome! What kind of signal is it? Does it have a relay or is it just a high-low style implementation?

Great! This is something I could always depend on my GT2b to do perfectly.

yeah it will be interesting to test out. Iā€™m not a fan of the default puck style, but it looks like yours has some improvements over that.

Thatā€™s an excellent idea, soft brakes sounds nice.

Great to hear real-life feedback on it

Yeah that sounds right, heard they were spendy as well but worth it. Iā€™d pay more to not have cutouts after experiencing them firsthand.

3 Likes

Thanks for noticing. The case was designed to have a separator between the connectors and the batteries. Thereā€™s a wall that separates wires from the battery.

7 Likes

Let us clear this up. This prototype uses older type of battery protection/charging circuit. The case should have a small wall to protect them from contact.

The new USB-C version is going to have different layout and the battery is going to be user-replaceable. So no more exposed wires near the battery. :slight_smile:

Prototypes are just prototypes sometimes. We learn from them. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Absolutely! I completely agree.
None of this was mentioned earlier though, and we only had that one photo, so I did want to inquire and I am very glad to hear that is it not an issue. Thank you for the quick response!

7 Likes

No problem. You never seen it mentioned before because we didnā€™t really share any information for over a yearā€¦ until yesterday/todayā€¦ :sweat_smile:

Glad you noticed tho! :wink:

6 Likes

I am very excited about this device and Iā€™m very much looking forward to hearing more about the things that make it automotive grade.

Reliability and functional safety are big concerns of mine and, IMO, are lacking in so many of the products marketed to the esk8 community. Hearing that a device wants to take the extra steps to rise above that product mediocrity is great.

6 Likes

Are you related to Kami Juin the youtuber?

3 Likes

Definitely not! We do get this confusion from people and this wasnā€™t our intention to be confused with him(or her!)! :sweat_smile:

We do know who KAMI Juins is and do adore the builds that are being made there. Thatā€™s a cool channel indeed!

The names backstory is a funny one (some people might know by looking at the full profile name) and better left for a later time when the official introductions are made. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Are you @Kug3lis then? Just under a different company name than 3DS?

2 Likes

Definitely not, we are not even from the same city as 3DServisas. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Kug3lis is gone from the esk8 business for a long time as he is living in Japan and doesnā€™t have time for it. Thereā€™s also a huge time difference.

Maybe HE is KAMI Juins though? :thinking_face:

3 Likes

dont think so, im 90% sure KAMI Juins is getting sponsored parts from trampa. Why would he or they support that sort of relationship with a competitor.

Also iā€™ve seen inside a Kug3lis board. crazy and impressive yes, but clean room style tidy it was not :rofl:

7 Likes

What if he meant that Kug3lis actually is Kami Juins in secret? Time zone would check out, no? JK :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sweeeet! Youā€™ll need some m3x35 cap head screws with nylock nuts!

Also, it will all only go together neatly one way due to my crude design :sweat_smile:

3 Likes