Removing pulley grub screws!

If you’re going the drill the screw out method, just go straight to the angle grinder with an abrasive wheel. Or a beefy dremel may work.

Try to mark your depth really well so that you don’t hit the motor shaft. I’ve done this more than once with great results, drilling is a fucking pain. Wrap entire motor in a few layers of painters tape, put cloth around & hold in vice if you have one.

Is there any gap inbetween the pulley & motor can? A good gear puller is usually all that’s needed even if the screw it torqued down…

If you don’t have a torch, you could try a stove burner if you have a gas stove. Soldering iron def just wouldn’t transfer enough heat.

If the pulley has two screw holes, putting two socket cap screw or w/e in & using your gear puller on those is usually an option if there’s not enough of a gap between the pulley & motor.

2 Likes

heat with fire

you sure that’s not 465C?

1 Like

260°C

You could be a real man and grind it off >; ) jk lol

Umm, no

1 Like

@esk8noob, small recommendation for you….Do not become a cancer and offer bad advice, even if you think it’s funny.

1 Like

Blowtorch will conquer any loctite in a matter of minutes. Just be careful not to melt any bits on your motor.

I keep a damp rag nearby to cool the shaft down after i have successfully removed the pulley.

4 Likes

i heat the shit out of whatever, then immediately dunk in the sink with cold running water soon as i get it off

sorta hardens it as a side effect

Do you think I should still have a battery terminal puller to do the job right?

1 Like

I don’t even know what this thing is, but its all i ever use

2 Likes

Anyone else know what this is called?

1 Like

Tack Lifter
General tool for pulling nails/staples/rivits etc

2 Likes

Auto trim removal tools

Post a pic if you’re still having trouble

Doesn’t work that way bro. Not enough carbon in the material. That doesn’t harden it at all

:face_with_peeking_eye::flushed::face_with_spiral_eyes:

i can DREAM herrald!