Remote by PotatoSkaters is (almost) here [SERIOUS]

Might want to consider properly setting the volume of your video and re-uploading. I typically have my speaker volume at 50%. Even at 100% (wayyyy too loud for most things), your video is still on the quiet side.

You wouldn’t want people to forget they adjusted their volume, then go to watch another video and blow out their eardrums.

2 Likes

We will provide 3D files for all the parts so anyone with some modelling skills would be able to make one and hopefully share with the community. We might make a first party printable design too at some point but it’s not our priority right now.

Yeaaaah… I noticed this too. I’ll check and re-upload if I have the chance. Thanks for the input!

i could be wrong but i don’t think there’s any stock remote out there sold more than 150 pounds which is about 160 euro

1 Like

Trampa Wand with receiver comes out to 174GBP (~192€)
OSSR 1.0 is now listed at 199$ (~168€)

150€ is our ceiling and we hope to get it below that. Again - this is not final pricing, we will be much closer to final pricing once we start the production of BETA batch. I would much rather have a discussion of features you would love to see in our remote, rather than bashing the pricing before it’s locked in / we have final production hardware ready.

3 Likes

Fair enough, didn’t imagine they were selling the wand without the receiver.
Once again i didn’t mean bashing on the price or minimizing your remote, i just think it’s weird to present yourself as affordable when you’re in the upper price range

Seriously what i want from a remote is not to fail me, so i’d like to see a ppm remote without any complicated features at all’ but a rock solid connection and fiable wheel,
packing in the case a distinc pcb for displaying telemetry via uart (just receiving and not sending at all’) like a micro davega

Or a remote with enough computation power to extrapolate the telemetry from the ppm signal she sends.

1 Like

u don’t need to convert anything, just have 1 screen and 2 buttons on each side that does the same thing, u mentioned there will be an app for it right? then user can set if they are left or right handed, and for some advance shit, with all 4 buttons enable and 2 screen showing different things (its OLED right? shouldn’t drain that much battery power)

just my 2c, but we need a one stop solution to all problem, and it has to work in 99.99% of case if thats what u r targeting for

1 Like

I don’t think you fully understand what they’re trying to do here. Did you read the full thread?

The point is competing with OSRR, the Wand, Puck, etc. These are $200+ remotes, not $60. If you want a cheap remote, get the vx1. Imo with the prices of other things coming out, $150 isn’t that crazy. what ruins it is that it’s in euros lol and international shipping

But anyway, the other thing I wanted to say is that you said it’s “not sexy enough for that price” if you read the thread, you would have noticed that this isn’t the final model, it’s a beta essentially. Always opportunities to improve the aesthetics before injection molding starts.

And even at that, they mentioned releasing internal CAD so we can make our own cases if we wished, so there’s that too.

I do agree with the trigger idea, it’s a lot more development though.

8 Likes

personally for $150 I would hope there were some metal parts in there, at least the thumb wheel. The wand had sex appeal with its aluminum case. The OSRR has a nice large lcd display and sweet thumb throttle.

4 Likes

An aluminum thumb wheel would be kinda peng not gonna lie, especially with a heavy knurl like that haha

2 Likes

@ShutterShock something like this

1 Like

This is something we will seriously consider. I’m a fan of knurled aluminum parts and I have had some for other projects.

5 Likes

Ooh yeah, nice and grippy. It would give it some premium feeling weight too haha

I may seriously consider buying it in the future :wink:

4 Likes

I do understand that, and it’s super nice that you have opted for a lipo, makes modding for a 18650 much easier, to utilize the full potential of the battery, is the power cutoff configurable ?
Is there a 5v rail that can be accessed(only need a few milliamps) ? And what voltage are you running through the potentiometer?

It is, if you are up for some SMD soldering :wink:

No 5V rail. It is powered from Li-ion/poly battery with a max voltage of 4.2V and unfortunately we do not have a step-up converter on board to step it up to 5V.
Can I ask why would you need few mA of 5V from the remote?

Regulated 3.3V.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

[Www.dickrobotindustries.com]

1 Like

Maybe have an attachment that makes it look like a hand gun, a receiver that has less than a metre range, and a LCD and pot that breaks everytime you drop it.

7 Likes

ftfy

1 Like

The puck has CC?? Like the vx1 has? Because I was never ever able to get my vx1 CC to turn on.

You sure you got the right button combo? I tried it the other day and it worked fine on my vx1

1 Like

I was told to just press the power button twice while at some throttle position. Nothing. I don’t care too much though, just curious.

1 Like