Remote by PotatoSkaters is (almost) here [SERIOUS]

Hm I can’t remember if it was throttle or mode, I thought double power button press showed the remote battery level

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

During the time I was riding with VX1, I also couldn’t figure out the CC. Could’ve been just me… :smiley:

VX1 CC: https://youtu.be/RMucgz9PhK0?t=111 (time stamped for lazy people like me)

2 Likes

One press on power while having throttle anywhere on the acceleration side. Remote will vibrate once and you can let go. If you touch it again it’ll deactivate and pick up your current throttle position

Exactly what didnt work when I tried.

1 Like

A thought I had while skating just now – this remote is POCKETABLE. All other reliable remotes (OSSR, Puck, Wand lol) are thick and bulge out, but this is one you could easily slide in and out of your jeans. Killer feature imo.

4 Likes

You need bigger pockets string bean.

3 Likes

Cargo shorts full of loop-keys is not an attractive look :stuck_out_tongue:

velcro straps solves this problem, or hiking clip if ur remote has landyard

1 Like

I can confirm that it fits perfectly in jeans pockets :jeans:

2 Likes

This is one of the very few things I don’t like about the Mini. That, and it feels cheap, in your hand.

at least it has a trigger version though

1 Like

L so my fucking AO :joy: :joy: :joy:

How much of a and soldering, I can do a few resistors but anything with more than 2 poles is doomed to fail in my hands, for a digital waterproof potentiometer

A and = smd

It is just one 0402 resistor.

Mod like this might need more than some soldering and 5V rail. Is it an off-shelf component or something you have been working on?

https://ruffycontrols.com/product/msa-series/ for this, can be programmed to output 0-5v or 0-3.3 or 0-1v, but needs 5v to be driven

1 Like

I did not see the 3V3 version on their page. Buuut… This is def. very doable mod. You would need to buy one small 3V -> 5V boost circuit (aliexpress, adafruit… everyone has at least one of these) and possibly add a voltage divider on the output to lower the rage to 0V-3V3 (if they do not have the one with 3V3 output). And of course a case mod to fit everything together.

This is great more options! Welcome fellas

Will there be a series of shell types and colours?

I’d really like a remote with a cam inbuilt and eagerly awaiting the first designer team to release that, for instance set into the :eye: here

1 Like

We might offer some down the road but for now we will be focusing on nailing at least the black version (with some accent) before we start expanding the the color selection. We rather focus on one thing and do it great rather than doing a whole lot of average. Our focus is now on stability and manufacturability.

3 Likes