Remote by PotatoSkaters is (almost) here [SERIOUS]

That’s where I beg to differ. Sure software design plays a good part(I’m a PC repairs guy). But it will never justify in my mind that every single product built thanks to that research and design should have a markup. He explicitly stated that they will use easy to replace components that won’t cost an arm. Which means at the base of it all, the remote doesn’t actually physically have anything to justify such a high price. I’d like to see a BOM to disprove me

1 Like

Perhaps. Idk we’ll have to see the final remote and final price to see if it’s truly worth against everything out there and about to be out there.

I personally hope they use a hall sensor.

1 Like

I hope they use a trigger :joy:

1 Like
The Never Ending War

1 Like

giphy

1 Like

Ability to pair 5 boards?

1 Like

@moon well no, that would be a hilarious prank though. More like having 2 seperate receivers (in ex: a 4wd build) in the same board

Still nothing to indicate you can operate more than a receiver at once

@Flasher how many completed Esk8 builds do you have under your belt? Not a swipe, genuinely curious.

2 Likes

Completed…let’s see.
I’ve done
3 Frankenstein’s
A trampa
And a hummie with a friend
You trying to say I’m not allowed to an equal opinion?
I do have yet to do a battery pack though

Yup edited when brain understood the phrase

I think my testing days are over but I know somebody who has a crazy DIY and rides all over SF who would probably love to test. Can vouch for him. He helped me tons with the stormcore app testing

5 Likes

I’ve yet to find a remote that takes 18650’s interchangeably

2 Likes

Consider it done.

Obviously. :muscle:

I think most people don’t need this. Can you give a case scenario where this would be needed?

We are thinking of ways, how we could have a “conversion kit” available so that lefties would also be able to enjoy it. But no confirmation on this right now, as it’s gonna take quite some development for relatively small user base. :grimacing:

We’ll definitely hit you up for details when the time comes!

It’s not only software integration. We have support for GPS / SD Card / Battery backup (for powering on the board from remote) / Powering off from remote / Light controlling (including support for WS2812B) just to name a few. For some these are un-needed things, for some these will be a gamechanger. And sure, a lot of stuff on our side will be software features but the BOM cost is actually there and the price isn’t made up from unicorn tears and fairy dust :sweat_smile:.

For us it was really hard to justify packing such a big battery inside a remote. We will however pack the biggest Li-po we can find in there.

2 Likes

lights on helmet that illuminate when you press “Brake” on the remote

3 Likes

You can select one of three modes

• UART + PWM: Remote in PWM mode + VESC data/telemetry
  • UART: Remote in VESC Remote [ex-Nunchuk] mode + VESC data/telemetry
  • PWM: Remote in PWM mode, no VESC data/telemetry

Yes, we support up to 5 receivers (boards). Not simultaneously, even if it is possible in the theory to have more than on active connection on the Remote side.

Yes, deadman’s switch can be configured. It can be configured to output a signal on one of the GPIO pins on the extension connector.

Don’t forget about the 14500 cells either

Those should fit in a AA battery socket

Oh, that’s a pretty cool idea. We’ll note this and see maybe we can figure something out down the road.

1 Like

As long as it pairs to multiple receivers, you wouldn’t need to do anything.

2 Likes