Remote by PotatoSkaters is (almost) here [SERIOUS]

Handled for both of you. We usually put vendors (prospective or otherwise) at minimum level 2 for this reason.

3 Likes

I do da same but LAX :eyes:

2 Likes

I’d test it out esk8ing thru Tommy’s burger drive-thru line… now that’s a significant test

3 Likes

I don’t wanna die… just yettt​:brain::doughnut:

1 Like

The thin plastic arm of the deadman switch does not inspire confidence, but I’m glad to see you guys using top of the line wireless hardware! Will your remote and receiver be cross compatible with Trampa’s Wand remote and OSSR?

P.S. I could be a tester. Beidzot vēl kāds Latvietis šeit :smiley: Bet kompānijas nosaukums, aj… :laughing:

6 Likes

The pricing is not final. We are trying to be realistic about the manufacturing costs (keep in mind these would be injection molded with more features than most remotes in this price range). We will be doing everything we can to get the price lower than that.

Right now the basic features you can see in the video are really basic indeed. We have the hardware ready for a lot more than this and we have a lot more features up our sleeve that we haven’t yet talked about.

2 Likes

The communication between the receiver and the remote is different than in the Trampa Wand and OSRR, so the receiver will not be able to accept connection to these remotes. We do have VESC Tool support, however that is still being developed and has to be tested more.

1 Like

Haha… All the plastics parts are very much in the prototype stage and will be completely redesigned for the final version. We are now focusing our efforts on getting the electronics and the firmware first. We are open for suggestions on improving the design ;).

P.S. Ayy… pavisam noteikti! Regarding the company naming - we just thought there was a lack of fun in the community. And this might stick a bit better than another 4 letter combination of serious words :D!

3 Likes

I guess this makes sense but you have to keep in mind your competition is the Vx1, which is $35 bucks.

The only thing it lacks, the Vx2 has, which is like $60, which now that I think about it, is a bigger screen

It’s a Boosted Thing. I for one really want a deadman switch. It’s just a safety feature for someone like me who absent fiddles with there remote or can have more thing going on and the last thing want to do is forget to turn it off and have it throttle by accident. We all seen the tragedies of boards who met the accidental throttle fate to a wall.

4 Likes

Hey guys, remote looks very nice, i am wondering about putting a peg on that thumbwheel, that tends to give people more confidence using it, since they have a focuspoint for their force!

2 Likes

If you had a remote that took no time at all to reconnect, and didn’t require recalibration like a Nano X or similar, then a simple on-off switch would probably be better than a dead-man switch imo. But it’s a personal preference thing I guess.

1 Like

We will definitely have a design for this - not sure if injection molded but atleast MJF printed for sure.

2 Likes

*gt2b lol

I turned my gt2b off every time I stopped and picked up my board, took less than a second to reconnect

2 Likes

Our remote connection time is <2s. But regarding the accidental riding - we are thinking of having a board “lock” functionality where you could press a combination which locks the board and can be unlocked with the same combination similar to what VESC Wand has.

Features like these are just a matter of imagination and we have a lot of that. We are just not 100% aware of all the little pain points that all of you guys have.

1 Like

That’s cool and I hope this goes without saying, but making sure that lock feature can’t be enabled while you’re still riding is pretty darn important :laughing:

BTW, guys, nice job on the thread and handling comments.

6 Likes

I am not too sure where you can get a VX2 for 60$ shipped but that’s besides the point.

Our remote is much more than just a remote with a screen that shows speed. Just to name a few:

• We have SD card on the receiver which will be able to log all the VESC data
  • We will have an option to add GPS module for completely offline ride tracking
  • We are working with Metr.at to be able to publish those rides and view them with their awesome map solution
  • We have a few more add-on modules planned that will add some crazy features like anti-theft, integrated lights, horn, turning the board on/off together with the remote just to name a few…
4 Likes

Haha… for sure! Same as turning the remote accidentally off :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

All the features? Can in turn on the lights?