Remote by PotatoSkaters is (almost) here [SERIOUS]

As somebody that puts in 10-20 miles a day and has never had a drop out, I am very thankful to ride in suburban and park settings. Haven’t had issues in Nashville or StL, though.

3 Likes

Exactly. You will be able to use it for different functions down the road - like cruise control or using the built in buzzers as a horn. If you have more ideas on the modes for the trigger - throw them this way ;)!

1 Like

I really like the shape and that thumbwheel looks great.

Don’t care for deadman switch at all, and that button is probably ill placed for any other use.

This looks like it could be a great budget remote, but at your suggested price point, i think you will struggle.

3 Likes

Feel free to contact me or another mod to get a list of reliable testers. There are some who want a free or reduced-price product without providing the necessary feedback.

15 Likes

Interesting stuff here. I worry about the Ergonomics of the remote but I won’t really know unless I feel it in person. I recommend requesting a mod to add a Serious Tag if you want to ensure the discussion stays on track.

2 Likes

someone claims that Nottingham is one of the most RF dense area in UK, so im including for the sake of covering high dense RF places.

3 Likes

Bring it on :kissing_heart:. We’ll try to cover as many locations and board setups for BETA batch as possible.

Yup, good call. Done.

3 Likes

Awesome! Will do. We want to nail that last hardware revision and then we’ll start building a list of BETA testers.

3 Likes

Me neither but I am always surprised at the amount of normies who want to dabble in DIY who care for it. I think its a nice option to have. This looks like a boosted board remote that will work for DIY.

2 Likes

When will a beta run be ready? I’ve got a board waiting for a remote right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
@BillGordon sign me up. Could be interesting to have a trigger for my speed demon and thumb for my offroad monster

Edit: HOLY FUCKBALLS!! skipped the pricing…too insane for my blood :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

The case is definitely not final and we are looking to improve it. We just finally wanted to put it out there and hear some feedback.

I personally ride without the deadmans switch and I can tell for sure that it’s perfectly usable in terms of placement for other functions like horn or cruise control. It’s actually a bit harder to use it for dead mans as it stands.

1 Like

Thats good to know. Any possibility to make that itty bitty screen a bit bigger?

1 Like

why don’t you post up the stl of the remote housing, then anyone interested could print one out, hold it in their hand and provide feedback on the shape/size??

1 Like

From the options we looked at not really sure… Right now the interface is quite locked in and we wanted to keep the size of the remote to the minimum. We’ll look at the options again but there’s a reason we called it the Potato-OLED :sweat_smile:.

That’s actually a great idea! I’ll try to make a version which can be tinkered with without the internals (those who don’t have the exact joystick and such laying around).

I’ll keep you posted on this one!

1 Like

@practicalmike What justifies a 150€ price? It’s a minimalistic remote using simple components. I don’t really see what would make a consumer want to shell out that kind of money on an unproven design from an unknown vendor. Like, what makes your remote special? What makes it “uncloneable”?

3 Likes

Bunch of ungrateful pricks :joy:

19 Likes

So @practicalmike ran out of replies for the first 24 hours ;D Maybe someone can do something about that?

3 Likes

He wanted feedback :man_shrugging: what better place to get it? :joy:

5 Likes