💀 RED SKULL >> Top Speed (Sender'ized), FS Dual 4.20, 10s4p, Ollin 5065 200kv motors, SR TKP's, Boa wheels

This is my latest build, I’ve actually been working on this one for awhile. Its been on the road for a couple of months but I had motor issues, then I wasn’t happy with a couple of things, then more motor issues and now it’s finally complete.

redskull
This specific Landyachtz Top Speed deck has been the platform for a couple of builds, I had finally retired it because it had seen so many miles and was looking kind of ragged. In steps @Sender and works his magic (again) and turns into a brand new & epic deck. This deck is one of my top 10 favorite decks (I can’t believe LY retired it), the concave allows a greater degree of control than a tub, the length is perfect (for me) and the combo with @Sender’s work is glorious.

This is a really fast board, even with relatively low battery/motor amps. A 2:1 gear ratio using 18/36 gears and 200kv motors is a bit speedy for me. I have had it up to 35 mph already, still had throttle left, and that’s faster than I wanna go.

These motors, I don’t even know what to say. I bought them a long time ago and just didn’t use them as I had a bunch of 6374’s and assumed they would be better. I’ve worn out quite a few motors since then and had a couple of new ones crap out almost immediately so I figured I’d give them a try. Holy Skatan, they are fast and don’t overheat plus they are smaller than the mount plates, so they are less likely to get banged up.

Here’s the spec’s for those that are interested.

I have a set of TB 110’s I was gonna put on it, and I still am as I wanna try them out, but prolly not permanently, it will be too damned fast. I am saving them for another upcoming build that will blow you away! Stay tuned :metal:!

29 Likes

Always a pleasure to read your builds, thanks for sharing

4 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate that.

2 Likes

So jelly you have those motors…I inquired as you told me too and he had no more any where …not even a dusty one in the corner …great build mike …just some quick q how the torque with 100mm I was think the same set up but with the venom mags78 or Seismic speedvent. I was worried it would be guttless and I was gonna try a racestar 200kv do you know if they compare to the ollin…

4 Likes

That sucks, I would buy more right now, love them.

I have no complaints about the torque, I can spin the wheels out from a dead stop.

I couldn’t say for sure, but guessing they are not as good. I had a set of race stars for a bit, was not impressed but 1 set does not a concise opinion make.

2 Likes

Thank you sir love the build I would rock that all day…very rad …it’s awesome you restored that landy that’s a gem for sure… as for the the motor thanks for your insight…I wish he still had them he told me where to find some motors from brother hobby all I could find was racestar 200kv 5065 in black… so I have my hopes high as of now and they do look very similar…

2 Likes

The race stars I had were a different KV and were the red and black ones, they may be a different construction than the all black ones. For the price I might try a set just to see. If you do get seom let me know how they perform.

1 Like

I will chime e back for sure and let you know… thanks again

2 Likes

maytech make 5065 motors

and I know theres 5095 motor out there for a single drive?

2 Likes

I can’t get a response from maytec or from Hyperion a dealer to see if I can run 12s safe

2 Likes

Who makes and where can I find

3 Likes

Arcboard BBM motor is 5095. I can ask them if it’s available separately if you want.

4 Likes

Are you looking at doing the 4.20 resistor swap from the builder forum that was proposed by some users over there.

I haven’t had an issue, so no. I think that for the non-plus version.

Yes please that would be awesome if you can and thank you very much.
@mmaner sorry for disturbing your great build thread

1 Like

So Mr. Maner, will you be pumping out awesome builds twice a month these days? Drakaina just dropped and gave us all the splooshies and here you are sliding this boner jam into our DMs.

2 Likes

The wheels skulls frit and color scheme are perfect on this build!

I always thought the 5065 ollins / evolve / racestar was the exact same motor?

3 Likes

Yeah I saw it on Alibaba. 95% sure they make them for arcboards

Damn, I wish I could! Both builds have been in progress for a while, they just kinda completed close together. I feel like my lineup is just about done at this point, I might rebuild a couple.

1 Like

They don’t feel the same, maybe the Ollin motors are modified?