Recommended UK courier for local shipping of complete

Firstly, sorry if I’ve put this in the wrong area.
Secondly, I’ve tried to search for an answer but to no avail so please be gentle with me clogging up the forum.
I’ve just purchased a non-working complete off eBay that I’m hoping to resurrect but I first need to organise a courier. Any suggestions for local UK delivery please? Weight is around 30kg.

Honestly, people hate Hermes but I have never had a problem with them and I have shipped dozens and dozens of parcels with them. Parcelforce is good too

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. Would you know if they ship when Li-ion batteries are included (built in)?

Looks like Hermes weight limit is 15kg and Parcelforce have a 5kg limit on batteries☹️

I’ve sent lots and lots of batterys through my hemeroids, and royal mail said they were Electrical equipment which they are so I’m not lying, they always got there.

Used to buy 25kg worth of 18650s they were shipped through my hemeroids, I always got them, the person I brought from used to ship quite a few I think never had a problem either.

3 Likes

Thanks👍🏽

What board weights 30kgs?

Nazaré Lonestar

Hermes is ok if it’s not coming to you. If you ship and no other delivery company really wants to deal with your stuff then hermes will even take your wheelie bin if you stick a label on it

1 Like

Haha.
When I look on their website though the weight limit seems to be restricted to 15kg

Nice mate, I didn’t realise they were that heavy.

12s10p lump

How far is it? Might be worth a day trip on the train/car

1 Like

Interparcel

2 Likes

Yeah looking more and more likely.
I’m not in the country for a few weeks yet and ideally would like to get it sorted out before I return, for the seller’s sake.

Where is it?
There could be some Uk based people who could help out?

2 Likes

It’s in Nottingham and I need to get it to Oxford. The guy seems sound and is willing to hold it for a bit, but I’d rather get it sorted so he can get the readies which is being held by PayPal.

1 Like

Just to follow up incase anyone’s interested, I ended up following the advice of @BigBen and went with Interparcel, more specifically Tuffnells - they do oversize and heavy shipping. Parcel was picked up on Friday and delivered today - Monday. Wish it was as easy getting myself back to Blighty.

4 Likes

If you need a great Courier company please go to carbon neutral couriers. com

Lol

1 Like