Rebuild of my old board (V2)

Ok so here’s what has happened since my other posts:

Gave the ends a snip. With my boardnamics Mount, the motor would not fit. Now I am running a 300mm vbelt and really close clearance to make it as low profile of a board as possible.

Changed hardware to some expensive chrome platted steel hex heads that won’t strip like the old Phillips head hardware I was running.

Riptide bushings…

To the haters; my hanger protectors work fine.

Made a chubby because why not. They are awsome and cheap.

Got a real helmet.

And some extra pics:

3d printed spacers to prevent motor slip.

All that and yet, I still have not recieved my bms, charger, or copper for my nese modules. Had purchased all that since my last update, and yet it is still not here… such a pain.

6 Likes

Been up to 18mph on the board (29km/h) and feel very little to no vibrations from the deck compared to what would be expected from aluminum. Very springy compared to my last wooden board. 42” oats deck.
The board weights 15 lbs all up. (6.8 kg)
So it’s nice to travel with.

2 Likes

:+1:t4: :+1:t4: :+1:t4:

3 Likes

I knew you would appreciate lol

2 Likes

I might add, if anyone has extra esk8 related stickers that they don’t want/need, hmu and I’ll add them to the collection. The backpack is looking a little… empty :wink:

^stickers go here

3 Likes

that’s very light!

Yes it is. Along with the crazy thin deck, it’s pretty sleek.

1 Like

Dude, cool build. Are all the electronics (ESC, etc…) in the backpack too?

1 Like

Yessir. All compact.

2 Likes

Are there any extra precautions you need to take with batteries (you’re using lipos?) being in the backpack and strapped to your back?

Are there any dangers if your cable accidentally disconnects during a ride?

1 Like

@MYKC
Using lifepo4.
Nese modules.
Padded with thick foam, and will be lined with fiberglass to stop the flames if the worst came to fruition.

Unplugging does nothing.
In fact, I power the board unplugged, then when I’m ready in plug in and ride. It unplugs when I want to travel, or, fall.
The worst thing that would happen is I plug in the connector wrong and the board goes backwards lol

Check out chiboards who has a much more impressive backpack. I think he’s running something like 12s8p, power supply and bms encased aswell. Or maybe that’s the wrong guy I forgot.

1 Like

Finally got my bms today, only took 35ish days.
Made a plan to have the bms act like a hobby charger setup people use with lipos with the bms being external and balance wires in a vga computer port. Esc and charger sharing same anitspark xt90, keeping the battery slimmer and more room for padding

Also recieving keybak for the phase wire lead tomorrow.
Exciting stuff! Problem is I can’t charge it cause my power-supply is stoned at HK rn

2 Likes

2 Likes

@Rob A123 cells? Where’d you get them? Batteryhookup?

Did you have to modify the NESE modules so the a123 cells would fit?

Yes yes and yes
A123s from battery hookup
Scaled nese by 45% in 2 axis on my print bed

2 Likes

Circumcision. Of your board. Extra bit on the end… need I say more

Really?? Seems too long and those wheels look quite heavy to do tricks
More power to ya

How about the tabs for NESE? Did you make your own?

1 Like

Yessir. Good old dremel and some copper bby
I detailed everything with sesat, might post the process/progress soon

4 Likes

Definitely more manageable than it looks In the pic, noice.