Really weird screws - where should I find them?

They’re called trim head bolts but they come in lots of pitches so finding the exact one will be tricky.

2 Likes

Hmm I see, you’re right. I wonder what supplier would be easiest to source from :thinking:

These are really hard to find lol

Hmm I wonder if they are custom or something…

Yeah. Some suppliers make 60° flat head bolts (standard countersunk bolts are 82° or 90° usually)

600px-Countersunk_holes.svg

I’ve seen screws like that exactly once before and it was in our schools lathes.

1 Like

Yah but even 60 degrees doesn’t quite match up either, this looks more like 75

2 Likes

I was thinking the other direction, like 40-45° personally

1 Like

Look at this scientifically accurate proof though

… proving you correct lol

3 Likes

Nvm lol read the last line

1 Like

All these esk8 mofuggas need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel lmao. Like, I can’t imagine what dumb fuck just had to use this absolute autist screw.

Just use something like this. If the picture you linked is indicative of their function, these will work fine.

https://m.banggood.com/Suleve-M3CT1-50Pcs-M3-Insert-Torx-Screw-Carbon-Steel-for-Replaces-Carbide-Inserts-CNC-Lathe-Tool-p-1359276.html

It’s a standard m3 machine screw from what I can tell, which means m3 coarse thread. Only thing I don’t know if it’s measures from top of head or start of threaded shaft length wise - is presume top of head like all flat head types.

Looks like we’re not the only industry in which this dumb shit was used tho…

Fuck. I should know what m3 fine thread is off the top of my head from last job…

.75 or .8 spacing?

.35 wtf? I’m bad ig

I stand corrected. Industry standard is coarse for machine screws and I’m a dumass. You might want to count over 1/4 inch and convert just to make sure because apparently the world hates standardds

1 Like

It is, which means they are load-bearing screws - if I were to use something with a larger angle like the Banggood screws, they may not be able to take the radial loading of the hub --> sleeve, which could cause issues.

I appreciate your help and research though. I feel like we are closer but maybe they just had to go and make a custom one. Which sounds SOL to me because Landwheel is kinda dissolved. Unless @pkasanda has some extras laying around or if Jason from Landwheel does, then this is gonna be tough.

I’ll measure the pitch again and when I get around to it I can check and see if an M3 fits the threading.

This seems like a recipe for a runaway sleeve lol

@ShutterShock We have plenty! Message me your address and I’ll send you some.

4 Likes

OH thanks so much! I will P.M. right away!

Can you tell us what you call them when you order them?

1 Like

Well, I call them sleeve screws :rofl: Not sure about the technical name.

2 Likes

Not that I care… It’s a st00pid screw… But wouldn’t it be helpful if you provided a source, and maybe even a link for this st00pid screw?

I mean for science and future generations and other st00pid shit…

2 Likes

Thanks @revel_flo for hooking me up with the screws, endcaps, and extra sleeves to make these hubs functional again!

Peep at upcoming project data in the background :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

sorry about the miscommunication :frowning: now that i’m back home I actually have a set of basically brand new PU sleeves… but it looks like I’m a bit late. I need to check up on this forum more often.

Haha you’re totally good I was just happy to have the second pair of hubs! Flo really hooked me up though so we’re in a better situation than I would have been anyway

1 Like

Still don’t think we know the official terminology of the screw yet…

I really need to know :open_mouth:

Or is the trim screw correct? If so… doesn’t seem like the average consumer can easily order in the U.S.

I think it might be a custom screw that they had made for them…? Seems costly if you ask me. I don’t know what the official name is either, kind of bugs me too haha