Raptor owners scavenge grounds

Showing interested in those silly looking waterproofed motors :smiley: (any reason that there’s a black older motor with the 15mm axle and the old Sator?)

1 Like

Hey,

They black cause thats only way the factory would sell me the 1:1 motor while enertion was still in business, but you lost me with 2nd part of your question?

3 Likes

Well the 8-10mm motors were black, cans , then the silvers came later. Kinda looked like you took parts of one and mixed with another (which would work) thought maybe there was a reason

Arrrrr okay got ya, never know that, nah they black cause they shioed out of factory like that and are all brand new

im still looking for 1 or 2 enclosures for raptor 2

1 Like

Is the temperature of the 2.1 motor more stable in the early model?
Does the quality of the motor vary depending on the production lot?

2 Likes

I’m still looking for raptor 2 enclosure, I’m located in Israel, so I will pay for the shipping

2 Likes

I’ve got an enclosure, but it’s pretty beaten up, attached to a board that’s in the same state. I don’t have much time for it but if anyone would need it for parts I won’t use it anymore

1 Like

dibs!! think we spoke about this 4 months ago - I’ll restore that craptor INTO A RAPTOR

Shit. Just threw away a brand new one

I have a very lightly used one I think

If you can arrange shipping. Free. 4153412281
kevingraehl@gmail.com.

Ups or dhl?

2 Likes

I will pay for the shipping, just let me know how much is it, dhl is better for me
Thanks!

Why :D?

Esk reminded me that @jeffwuneo still has my truckset. Where are you jeffwu…? He gone?

1 Like

Hello everyone. Somewhat of a short-term lurker here as I was paying attention to jeffwuneo’s goal of creating wheels for the Raptor 2. I had been scared to ride mine out of fear of burning through the wheels and having no replacements for them.

Nonetheless, I have two (2x) Raptor 2 skateboards that I would like to sell, and am posting here in an attempt to reach out to anyone that might be looking to buy them. Their use has been relatively light because I would ride for 45-60 minutes maybe 1-2 days per month in a summer. I also have some ShredLights that I never bothered to put on, so they’re entirely unused. I’d just throw the ShredLights in because I have no use for them.

I’ll post the conditions of the boards here:
SKATEBOARD 1: has been used more, wheels perfectly intact, functions perfectly fine aside from sometimes making a noise as if it’s overheating while riding (I don’t know if this is the case; I’m just making a guess). It makes a noise similar to what an airplane might when it takes off (not in terms of loudness but just in terms of what it SOUNDS like). I still have control over the board when it happens, and it goes away and I can ride the board perfectly fine thereafter. Body is in great condition.

SKATEBOARD 2: Has barely been used. Maybe 4-5 times max. I was riding over a road with some rocks and it did crack one of the rear wheels. It’s not fully cracked, and the condition of the other wheels is good. This board does not make any noises as described above. Body is in great condition.

I do have the remotes for both of these, as well. I also have a Predator helmet that someone on /r/electricskateboards sold to me once but it’s too small for my head.

Anyway…

Please excuse my ignorance because I do not have nearly as much experience as you guys might with electric skateboards. I just bought 2 Raptors way back when because I had a Yuneec EGO, then an Inboard, but wanted something with actual range and good speed. The Raptor seemed like incredible bang for the buck especially with what Jason was promising at the time (we all know how that turned out haha).

I have been a lurker on here for a little while, and as such, I may not see any replies to this comment for a long time until I remember to check this forum. If you’re interested in buying these boards, please reach out to me on Discord at ‘nervallyte#7037’ ---- no quotation marks on that name, and it is indeed all lowercase.

I’m looking to make some money off of these ideally, but I’m not looking to rip anyone off. I bet someone can get a lot of enjoyment out of these barely-used boards, especially considering I don’t use them. Reach out to me on Discord and let me know what you’d be willing to pay for these, if interested. I’m willing to post pictures and record any videos that you’d like me to record to verify the conditions of these boards and/or remotes.

Thanks!

1 Like

Not certain how to edit a post but I needed to change my Discord name. It is now ‘VX(space)Grenade#7037’

VX Grenade#7037 (case sensitive)

Also, I’ve gotten a couple inquiries but I felt they were either trolling or quite inconsiderate. As I said, I don’t have much exposure to electric skateboarding so it’s not particularly easy for me to figure out how to take the wheel sleeve off and find the model number. I was willing to do it, so I grabbed my board and tools and tried to figure out how it goes. When I asked the inquirer for a bit of guidance, they go “lmao i’m so stoned right now, can’t help you much.” This was after they asked very specific questions about the boards, indicating no ‘stoned’ nature. Annoyance aside, I don’t mean to be unreasonable. I just ask that anyone who reaches out understand that I’m new to this.

1 Like

Hi Guys-

Have the opportunity to buy a Raptor 2 in reasonable condition.

Give it to me straight- is it worth the purchase?

What is the current situation with the wheels?..is there a replacement available?

Thanks guys

Depends on the price

1 Like

I really like mine but the wheels issue is pretty huge. I’m thinking about wrapping mine somehow to make them last longer.

1 Like

i would just replace the drives unless you want to somehow go and pour your own nothing is gonna protect them.
maybe go with @hummieee hubs instead they will take your board to a new level

1 Like