Raptor owners scavenge grounds

Dirt under PU was never a problem, the original PU fit tight enough, need hammer to get off wheel. The problem was the PU was too thin and rip apart after use, I think the PU need reinforcement or the problem will still exist

3 Likes

Is can need reinforce but this PU is no have high heat so not good for this application. We think if use high temp thermoset can working proper.

1 Like

My 2cents on the urethane problem are as follows…

97mm wheels latest twice as long as the 90mm wheels

Aluminum core/mounting plate was a mistake. Plastic adhered to the urethane much better

There is a reinforcement ring in the wheel which helped to wheel from expanding when spinning. Not sure how good that was, it seemed to be made of shitty plastic and would shear whenever the whee failed anyhow.

The wheels failed due to the heat from the motors. We know this because the front and rear were the same formula. The front wheels were not great but they didn’t chunk or disintegrate like the rear wheels did.

5 Likes

This factory in dongguan make wheel use thermoplastic pu is not good for high heat.

2 Likes

Yes that factory was very poor quality. They only focused on boosteds order and seemingly nothing else…

I wonder where they will be when boosted goes under lol

2 Likes

This factory make many roller skate wheel. They use abs mould which can warping for pour wheel.

We plan for make aluminium mould for this wheel sample.

How many friend want wheel for this? We think maybe 100mm size for PU sleeve is can be best.

0 voters

7 Likes

Make wheels for those poor souls out there man. Just make an order of 1000 pcs, I’m sure they’ll sell out.

Can confirm they used ABS moulds and the wheels were never center. https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/original/3X/5/d/5dc30b57e8779220b03ce6b1ffd10218e7dff827.MOV https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/original/3X/b/1/b1b2f8e2521943b43988f09b33cee3432c38cba8.MOV

6 Likes

We make in our factory :slight_smile: no need for make order. I make 100pcs sample first to testing.

4 Likes

Good man, check my videos above for reference of how poor those wheel moulds were

And those wheels were the best of the batch

2 Likes

I hope that people don’t look for guarantees of perfection here. Jeff will be trying to provide a working solution for a flawed product, so please take that into account.

10 Likes

@Andro

Easiest will be if Jeff schedules a pickup!
Why? China is still “in development” so are not bound to international shipping prices.
For instance it would cost me 650 euro to ship a 125cc engine from BE to THailand. The same but scheduled as a pickup for the Thai company: 350euro…

Is not so simple for ship friend. Ship to China is complicate so I ask friend for send to HK. I send back motor with Pu when finish.

1 Like

yesyes I understand. It is just that he indeed will have to pay a lot to ship. While a pickup (so you asking postal office to pickup a box in Belgium) is a lot cheaper. (HK or mainland wont be a lot of difference)

Im not sure about the deal so don’t know who pays for the shipping :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

China ship is not work like this. Is very complicate.

Wow I thought my silicone molds here were ghetto enough

4 Likes

For those who are asking about shipping, I’ll provide a concatenated response and just say Jeff is 100% correct on shipping to HK instead of shipping direct to CN, clearing customs for anything coming into CN is quite tedious to the point were I have a team that specializes in just CN imports. The matter of who’s going to cover duties and shipping can be discussed between the folks outside this thread.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, why is it so hard to ship into China? Their customs? What’s different between them and any other country?

1 Like

They have very tight restrictions on products coming back into the country, partly because of tax reasons and also trade agreements.

2 Likes

China’s de minimis is also like crazy low like a maximum declared value of $6 USD

2 Likes

That’s trippy. Seems like a headache

2 Likes