Raptor 2.1 power cuts abruptly/applies regenerative brake

Hey good folks,

I don’t know if this is a widely known issue but I have a couple of Enertion Raptor boards (versions 2 & 2.1). At any rate the 2.1 has had a major problem that makes the board potentially lethal. Essentially if I ride the board at wide open throttle of an extended period of time the motors will shut off and apply the regenerative brake suddenly. I have sustained some really bad injuries (obviously) from this happening a few times. I initially thought it was a firmware issue which I managed to update with a friend (has an Android device) but that did not solve the problem.

I know that this could be an issue of a defective part but since I don’t have the tools or expertise I will probably never know. However, given that this board does top out at 34 MPH when it does something like this it’s pretty serious. This is the only reason why I am flagging this.

I am lucky that I just sprained my ankles and lacerated multiple parts of my body but if I had gone head on into a car I probably would not be so lucky.

Now becomes the big question which is what do I do with the board? I think if I sell it knowing what I know I would be setting myself up for nice lawsuit but who knows. If anyone has any suggestions, throw them out to me.

Cheers,
-eric

2 Likes

You could take it apart and use the deck for your own build.

1 Like

Someone will chime in. This was a widely known issue. Search here and the old forum.

I’m not familiar with the details

1 Like

Once the throttle is above 89% there seems to be an issue with the Unity and the trasmitter sometimes sending a negative input instead of postive (im not sure what the tech lingo for that would be or if it’s been solved in a patch but if memry serves its specsic to ppm, and possibly the Unity.

(I have fallen at 48kph in the same way once) now i just set the limit to 89%