Raith electric board

I bought the thing

Acceleration better than I expected with it being geared for 80 mph.
Roll speed feels like 0 resistance.
Stock bushings were way too loose though and is prone to wheel bite at really low speeds, bigger wheel flares for more clearance would be nice.
The heat shrink and wire covers are ass I just put tape.
Really surprised how you don’t feel any negative to it being 4wd, does not feel sluggish or heavy at all.
Shipping was a nightmare but worth the wait.

Truly blurs the lines of downhill and ESK8

TLDR: it’s like if boosted made a race board imo, it still feels like a normal longboard.

17 Likes

Awesome! Yeah it’s such a lightweight setup. It was the biggest positive I noticed when i had a go on one.

The fastest top speed I’ve ever been on an esk8 was one of these bad boys and it felt solid and stable at speed on the racetrack i rode it on.

7 Likes

that ballooning :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

@poastoast gonna have to add a 0-80mph category in the drag race thread 🫨

2 Likes

No need, @Heathlewis already has all the spots filled

6 Likes

Ive been seeing this here and there. I know its a DD but thats about it. What battery and ESC is it running on? And how much did it cost you total?

4 Likes
5 Likes

Going to try and get some times on Chicago track, would be cool to have a urethane category

6 Likes

i get the board is mainly meant for downhill riders or straight line speed riders but personally i would rather run a puck thats just personal prefference thoe the board looks pretty cool but just what i need in my esk8 line up

2 Likes

Theirs lets you use a slide glove. Would be cool if someone made a puck shell like that.

2 Likes

i know i find that so cool not gonna lie i just like the puck personally lol

Time to learn some cad

1 Like

Its been done, their POT broke eventually.
Personally, not sure many remotes would hold up too long to that type of abuse.

1 Like

I like the Raith remote, it would be cool to see Hoyt do something similar. Falling on hands (slide pucks) and knees is the best. Unless you have foot straps then falling options are limited lol.

1 Like

4 Likes

And the foam wedge is amazing, I really think a lot of boards without a natural back wedge could benefit

4 Likes

alright teach whens my first class :sweat_smile:

the only thing i think about the raith if i owned it in nyc is how fast i would break the motors nyc streets eat up every truck that isnt a good hight off the ground ill say im glad that my tabor has motor bashguard cause if it didn’t my motors would be sooo fucked lol :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s the intended use-case lol

3 Likes

you know what i think is make it exactly like the raith remote case and take the potentiometer off the puck pcba and solder a wired potentiometer in a separate box like for example could use that nice potentiometer 3dservicas has that would make it nice obviously not a project for everyone but interesting to see if it could be done

1 Like