railing corners on a bike path - Downhill skater getting into ESK8

7 Likes

Nice video but you really should slow down a lot around people, that’s how this shit gets banned. It only costs you seconds and some battery.

9 Likes

I feel where you are coming from man but I stay in my lane when it’s a blind corner, if I see it’s open I gotta smash that apex lol. But for sure I wouldn’t put anyone else at risk if I thought I couldn’t handle it, I do a lot crazier things down hills lol

4 Likes

Respect, man. I’m a bit paranoid about the blowbys getting us banned, it didn’t seem bad really just want the message out there. Like I imagine grandma or jogger falling at the exact wrong time with them

1 Like

Definitely similar to the drone world and “ruining the hobby”, ppl need to wear helmets and skate within their boundaries. The biggest problem I see is people with no skating background getting boards that can go 50mph, like if you cant push and footbrake a normal board u probably shouldn’t get an eboard first

3 Likes

How do you like the top speed of that kit? I have a build planned around their hub motors, wondering if I’d fry them at 12s or not, since the stock kit is 10s.

1 Like

I’m 195 lb and get a top speed of 27 mph tucking on flat land. My only problem with the kit is the range, I only get like 6 miles skating fast not using breaks. But you are saying you could use the hubs with a diy battery and receiver ?

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ll be using my own battery to save a buck / have as much battery on me as I need depending on the day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, the main reason I went with them was so that I could use my downhill set up:164 MM K5 Aera trucks. That and how light it is in comparison to other options, I would put the battery on the front of the board if I had that option though.

3 Likes

You do have that option! Plenty of people around here that can help you achieve that :call_me_hand:

If you haven’t seen it already, check out the fastboard thread, right up your alley :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Is there someone flying the drone or does it follow you?

1 Like

Friend in the car flying fpv racing drone

1 Like

Really cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

Dope definitely what I’m looking to do, thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Welcome FMBOOOOOOOM.
:hugs: :grinning: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Statements I agree with; Now that I live in a much larger city I’ve been calling the PD/ParksRec in the area to get written statements that the “No MotorVehicle” signs are in reference to large vehicles such as 4wheelers, motorcycles etc. Not Small PEV’s like our boards and bikes. An accident like this could immediately change their (Police/City Municipality) mind.

Furthermore, one of the biggest things I’ve been concerned with are animals. You may be able to read a person and their movements but not their dog - not all dogs are content with staying on one side (Mine sure isn’t) and could bolt from one side of the path to the other without a moments notice or even hear you coming and try to chase or investigate you. Good luck bailing out without seriously injuring yourself or the animal/owner at speed.

That being said @MFBOOM your run was pretty dope and I envy those that run on thanes and can corner/slide like that. Looking forward to seeing more from you and learning some stance techniques from your videos.

4 Likes

Keep me updated on this please <3 ended up buying another set of batteries from themfor $500 :cry: :sob:

1 Like

I’ll have a build thread for it in 2 months time :+1:

1 Like