Radium R6 trucks & Thane belts

So 449 AUD / 299 USD for just the trucks without motor mounts.

I’ve added the ability to see the pricing with drop downs on the website. It lets you add to cart but there won’t be any shipping options because I made them weigh 99kg… Just in case anyone is confused when trying to checkout. #justshopifythings

3 Likes

Composite on the right… I’m assuming there’d be enough clearance :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Beautiful work as always. :star_struck:

7 Likes

Thanks Phil! Would be more impressive if I was machining them myself like you though.

7 Likes

Wow, so the bushing seat is split – board-side bushing is closer to the hanger for reduced play, and road-side bushing is higher up for clearance. That’s awesome! :smiley:

3 Likes

Sorry probably dumb question but seems like everyone measures slightly different… They’re 33mm narrower than a bn270 overall?

Correct 33mm narrower. Bearing to bearing is 237mm. As narrow as possible while still fitting 6485 motors. I’ll take long wheelbase and narrow trucks over wide and short any day for street wheels. Wide trucks are just so boaty and gross on street wheels (admittedly less noticeable with pneumatic).

5 Likes

So clearance is better than expected…

This is top mounted on a Bustin Sportster, with Radium 120 x 70 prototypes and the baseplate as far in as it goes:

And then drop through in the middle of the 3 mounting holes:

2013 Switchblade 40 deck in furthest out mounting position:

And 6in pneumatic on the Switchblade out of curiosity (10mm spacers on inside):

The mounting holes are quite far inward by default on the switchblade so with a redrill you’d have enough clearance for 6in.

I should also mention that I ripped this hangar off one of the prototype Radium boards and its width is currently 230mm with those axles. The test fitment was done with a 60 degree baseplate (3D printed). 30 degree rear has better clearance. Motor clearance from deck is also looking quite good.

The axles actually start off at 12mm diameter so there is a bit of scope to vary the hangar width just with different axles (motor mounts are fixed position however). But I could go down to like 222mm and up to around 248mm depending on what 3DS drives would actually fit… @3DServisas

Looks like we will also need to revise the hangar width to 233mm instead of 237mm due to a recent change with something on the Radium board. Let me know if there are any objections to that so I can judge you for not wanting narrower trucks!

@sugandese @rusins @Mbrady

11 Likes

Maybe @Skyart would know which 3DS drives could fit

4 Likes

They can all be adapter and made to work, and i am sure @3DServisas could make something custom too like they did for Magnetic. The only issue i see here is motor fitment, gear drives take up more space on the hanger and i dont know if 230ish mm hangers would give enough clearnace for 2 6485 motors

For example if motors are to be mounted outwards my 295mm hanger only has 21mm of space between the baseplate and motor can.

If mounted inwards the can to can distance is 66mm. This option could work for a hanger thats in the 230-240mm rnage

5 Likes

I run fs6384s on 220s with bnm1s, think theres 4-5mm of space between motors. So depending how much hanger space the 3ds drives take up, 230mm(ish) should be doable

6 Likes

The amount to turn you getting is impressive!

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

This would be a good upgrade for a BKB Duo Deck to be able to mount a NewBee gear drive, right?

Okay you just earned a customer sir :sweat_smile: Let me go count my monies…
And get Bioboards to tell me what size their gear drive clamp is lol

Although I wonder if the ‘bearing as an idler right next to the motor pulley’ trick would work on a 12T pinion :thinking: (Edit: I think a standard skate bearing might even work with the 44mm mounting pattern, damn)

4 Likes

Their gear drive from what i can tell doesnt have a clamp - its sized for their RKP hanger which has a built in mounting pattern, kinda like OEM DKP trucks with their built in motor mounting bolt pattern. Ive got one coming in the next few days so ill reverse engineer the required clamp adapter if you need one, just gotta find someone willing to make a handful of them lol.

2 Likes

I’m counting on you! :heart:

1 Like

Man sign me up for a set of those wheels, they look so killer

4 Likes

Pre-orders are now open! Only 15 sets.
Can’t wait to hear what you guys think.

4 Likes

Awesome! What duros are the bushings? I see soft/medium/hard - how does that correlate to duro?

Going to start with this but I’ll test each one out before shipping and may make some adjustments based on that. This is an educated guess from the bushings I have in my board right now.