Radium R6 trucks & Thane belts

Step change better free roll on mine, but also moved from 20mm rubber to 15mm thane.

2 Likes

This is interesting. @Tony_Stark any thoughts on why this is?

Rubber absorbs more energy than polyurethane for one, but perhaps the main reason is that the teeth of the thane belts have no fabric facing its just solid PU thats smooth and slippery, whereas I’ve noticed rubber belts usually always have a nylon fabric tooth facing which I think deforms more easily causing more surface area to be in contact. The facing also freys from abrasion and that fluffiness would increase the surface area even more.

6 Likes

Any chance of a 340mm option on those belts?

Is there an ETA on the new 20mm belt sizes?

Curious to hear how othwr people are finding these belts

1 Like

Any 420mm in the works?

I believe in the next batch, ive asked the same

1 Like

These sizes are on the list to add next:

-315-15 canceled, no mold available.
-320-15 pending more interest
-340-15 100%
-370-15 100%
-415-15 canceled, no mold available.
-420-15 pending more interest
-470-20 100%

4 Likes

420 please :slight_smile:

1 Like

When can we expect the 100% ones to be produced/available?

1 Like

No ETA yet. Depends exactly how much money we lose in Vegas🙈

2 Likes

340s please!

2 Likes

Praying to esk8jesus every night for those :pray::grin:

I’ll prly purchase a set as an upgrade to my shitty Tkps, I just gotta work up the dough. Still cool tho!

1 Like

So, since ESK8 con is behind us now, is there any news on when the 100% belts are gonna be made? I’m itching to get them for both my boards (330 and 370)

2 Likes

The 100% belt I’m not sure if you mean the percentage chance of the belts in that size being made of if there’s a percentage to the belt? As for now as far as I know they are dealing with developments on the thane belt and more info should be coming soon!

Any news on 470x20 belts? :sweat_smile:

+1

Also, something around/between 410-20 and 440-20 would be great

1 Like

420 please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry for the long time radio silence! I suck at replying when I don’t have a clear answer but now I have some real news.

For those who don’t already know, we recently discovered that the majority of our thane belts have been produced to a lower hardness (5-7 points softer) than the original belts we did all of our testing with. This resulted in terrible performance, people were stripping teeth off in as little as one ride.

We’ve been working with the factory to make sure this can’t happen again and that the hardness is strictly controlled. This has involved switching over from black to grey color where the additives allow for a higher hardness.

Unfortunately the turnaround time on our belts is very slow, and we’ve taken a a financial hit from now having thousands of dollars of stock that doesn’t perform, so we only have the following sizes being made up at the moment:

• 470-20
  • 380-15
  • 370-15
  • 340-15

These are approx 2-3 weeks away from being in stock.

Regarding the existing inventory, we are offering them as B-grade for just $6 AUD each before discounts as they’ve still been working ok for many people who aren’t riding them hard and then at least they aren’t just getting thrown in the bin.

We’ll work on restocking all the sizes over the next few months with belts that perform as they’re supposed to now that we know how to control and test for that variable that unfortunately only presented itself as we scaled up.

Regarding the R6 trucks, I really thought they would be a success with the way they perform and that it would help us fund further innovation but despite all the amazing feedback we’ve had there appears to be very little interest and with them being too costly to make in small volumes we’ve had no choice but to shelve them for now.

11 Likes