Radium Performance

I don’t think it’ll be just due to racing, but also for comfort and stability of suspension. Look at all the EUC wheels coming out lately… suspension. This is the next big thing for esk8 if we can make it happen

6 Likes

Sorry, I was referring to just the formula 1 inspired appearance. As for the suspension, it would be cool to see this become more common in the near future.

2 Likes

I bloody hope so! Imagine a grid of race boards with different liveries like XP3.

I’d love to do a Gulf livery similar to Mclarens next:

What livery would you guys want to have on your race board?

12 Likes

yes

2 Likes

I personally think you nailed it with the XP3 livery but…
After seeing you guys drifting the XP2 around in some of those videos.

I would love to see you modernize this old classic.

11 Likes

May i recommend you this thread?

11 Likes

Ohhhhh yes thank you for this gold mine.

6 Likes

Little bit of XP3 ride footage and 10 pole 300kv sound:

3 Likes

Will we have the option for BDLC and FOC? Love the sound the BDLC makes. Saw a youtube comment where it was mentioned FOC for production?

1 Like

You can choose to run either BLDC or FOC in VESC tool.

I think you have the medicine for my sickness.

Nothing cooler than someone else executing an idea I had. …These trucks would be a whole lot cooler if I could use the riptide urethane sitting on the shelf.

2 Likes

I love the sound too, but all boards will come with FOC. I will be making a tutorial on how to program them for BLDC, but it will likely mess up the torque vectoring as we’re tuning that for FOC and BLDC delivers power quite differently.

2 Likes

This board is definitely a drug for me. It makes all my problems go away…

I don’t know about the trucks being cooler with hypertruck bushings. Thats a very flawed bushing system imo.

5 Likes

You want to use channel truck bushing blocks on RKP trucks?

1 Like

good thing riptide has a whole website dedicated to their bushings! :grinning:

Riptide urethane on the disc brakes on the hypertucks on my radium raceboard.

So confused.

4 Likes

They go under the tables my printers wobble around on.

1 Like

Another QQ very interested in your analysis to use a raspberry pi for the RTS? Did you consider andruino? I have no experience just googling and found it interesting how it can be mix and matched !

The pi pico is an awesome dual core chip. Much more capable than arduino and better suited to a project like this which requires fast processing speed.

Arduino are more a learning tool for DIY/hobby projects.

4 Likes

cries in esp32

2 Likes