Radium Performance

Its going to be a while for those

2 Likes

Testing new stuffs

8 Likes

Does that baseplate fit tall bushings on both sides?

Yes it does

1 Like

Just waiting on pivot cups and tall bushings from @RipTideSports

14 Likes

The riptide adapters are back

6 Likes

So it turns out it works at 12a on 110v fine
:wink:

4 Likes

Yep confirmed now that these run at the full 600W with 110V input :partying_face:

5 Likes

Definitely need a thick power coord, the one I grabbed from a dead printer got hot at 110V lol

Stock one is probably fine though, although I didn’t test it

1 Like

I didn’t even think about that. I have all my stuff jumbled in a pile :joy:

Part 5 of Developing the Radium board! Carbon fiber parts can be pretty hard to get right. This covers like 20% of the issues we had.

20 Likes

16 Likes

Now we have titanium wheel nuts for matrix 2 axles.

We wanted to make sure these were not just pretty with burnt blue and oil slick PVD coatings, but also practical to use. I designed them with nylon lock rings so you won’t have to mess around with Loctite, the hex is 19mm so a standard socket set will fit, and the diameter is large enough to cover your bearings with shiny titanium.

Order here (currently on sale):

16 Likes

Hey, @Tony_Stark how is the Tormach holding up and how are you liking it now after having some time on it. I’ve been eyeing their CNC machines. They seem nice for the money and looks like you are able to make some very nice parts with it.

3 Likes

deez nuts can fit on apex airs?

1 Like

I dont think they would. Matrix 2 uses an imperial thread on a metric 12mm axle, I’m not sure that any other 12mm axle trucks do

1 Like

Its held up really well. No major issues and once its setup with a job you can just keep repeating and it works flawlessly with the auto tool changer. But that said I probably wouldn’t buy one again. Theres other machines with bigger beds and more power for similar money. The Tormach is not efficient at all for mass production because it just lacks the speed and power to cut fast, and even the 1100 bed is a bit too small to run multiple vises and still be able to use the fly cutter.

So I just use it for light production and prototyping now. Also if you’ve never owned a CNC mill before be prepared for a steep learning curve to be able to make stuff efficiently

2 Likes

Matrix 2 has the same thread as apex airs and moon lunas. I just checked the nuts on my mx2’s and airs.

8 Likes

if you were buying again, what would you get?

1 Like

:open_mouth: wicked. Thanks for confirming that!

3 Likes