RaceBro: Haero Bro, 21S4P, 6395 175KV, BN310, BN gears, 9x3.5s, D100S

I mean he might have soldered it and then welded it on, that’s much easier

4 Likes

I have soldered first and welded afterwards

2 Likes

The bn stuff arrived finally and I managed to get it assembled.

The trucks are wide, and while I haven’t ridden them, the bushing feels looser inside them then in matrix iis. Also I have the rear at 25° degree now instead of 30 so that might affect it also. But the front feels looser as well. I planned on using white (70A) /red (75A) until now, but I might have to bump up the rear to green (80A). Good thing I have an unused set of greens on hand. Or maybe even move the reds onto the front. Will see, but they definitely feel loose right now.

To fit the reachers onto the bn gears, I needed to make a 3mm spacer for the motor

So I got a sheet of 3mm thick alu and broke out the angled grinder. It turned out decent enough. Mounted it with thermal paste on both sides so hopefully help keeping the motor temperatures down a bit.

The new BN drives are much better than the old ones, especially regarding the angle adjustment. I am not sure how much I like the new adapter plates yet though. They seem like a nice feature until I will have to replace a tube sometime… If they get annoying I guess I can throw on a set of the old plates.

8 Likes

They are looser. That’s due to the amount of default pre-load that is built into the Matrix II trucks. Add preload to your BN trucks to make them feel the same.

Love this build!

3 Likes

Ah, okay, that’s good to know!

Thanks!

1 Like

Oh wow! I glad I took the bindings off and noticed this.

I had this happen before on the other binding, so I already have a spare part for this thankfully.

1 Like

Such a wild look with the Bro and the tires.

Love it dude!!!

3 Likes

I made some good progress today on the enclosure as well.

I cut out a hole for the ESC and made a small heatsink that’s going to mount from the bottom. Also drilled the hole for the switch. And heatshrinked the battery.

All that’s left is to silicone the heatsink in from the bottom of the enclosure for waterproofing, drill holes to mount the enclosure to the deck, drill holes to get the motor cables down from the enclosure, drill holes to pass the motor cables down through the deck near the trucks, do the wiring, and mount the cable management footpad thingy. Oh and 3d print 4 tpu standoffs to space out the enclosure from the deck. Then program the vesc. And maybe add another riser (currently I have 1/2 inch) to the front truck. I am not sure how bad it will be while riding, but with the 1/2 inch riser I can definitely get hanger bite quite easily with the loose bushings.

Fingers crossed that I might be able to finish it tomorrow after work. If not then I am definitely finishing it on Saturday.

6 Likes

Oh and regarding the hanger bite.

I set up the gear drive angle in order to be able to make the hanger bite the deck with a half inch riser without any other things touching, while still having a reasonable motor height. The motor is just about level with the truck, maybe a single mm lower. The truck goes down a bit lower in the middle. Ideally the motor would be a little higher than the truck but this is still pretty good, especially compared to my matrix ii setup

Look at those clearances! It’s hard to see on the picture, but there’s about 1mm clearance between the motor and the baseplate, 2mm clearance between the motor and the haero bro deck, and the gear drive casing misses the deck by about 5mm. On my matrix iis I had fairly noticeable bite between the gear drive casing and the deck, now that’s gone.

I think I managed to set it up to perfection.

11 Likes

This board is starting to look like milf hunter in her earlier stages😂.

4 Likes

I definitely feel like the Boardnamics channel trucks feel way looser than the Matrix 2’s upon first setup. Tightening the preload screws definitely helped reign it in and make them feel nice

2 Likes

It looks like the shock blocks are closer together on the BN trucks, so more leverage on them = looser ride with same duro. That’s my guess after 2 minutes of internet armchair research :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it due to bushing position? Referring to the distance between both bushings.

1 Like

Thanks! Means a lot coming from you

Hahaha well that’s where I saw the 9x3.5s that I would say are the center of the build :slight_smile:

I just measured and it’s actually closer. The adjustment screws are ~44mm apart on matrix ii and ~39mm apart on the bn. That should explain the looser feel

5 Likes

Got the ESC mounted to the heatsink/box. The heatsink is mounted with silicone and screws, and the esc is mounted to the heatsink with thermal paste and screws. I expect it to be 100% waterproof with a good thermal performance.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20240301_215634_Chrome

What

The

Fuck…

Have you no pride?

6 Likes

Definitely makes sense!

1 Like

:rofl:

I would have gone to the hardware store if there was a hardware store within 100km of where I live. Sadly there isn’t, unless I am business and want to buy 500-1000 pieces. Denmark is a joke for buying stuff for fabrication unless you are a business. And sadly I don’t really have M3 screws, only this in a usable length.

When I’ll be back in Hungary, I will buy some screws and if I need to service it next, I will replace them.

7 Likes

Maybe put some tape over them or something so people don’t see them amd think you’re some kind of psychopath axe murderer or some shit

6 Likes

Don’t worry it won’t be visible. It’s facing the deck

4 Likes