R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

Anybody there?

1 Like

I haven’t ridden my Evo since I built my MTB… it felt scary as hell for a second not being strapped in… then I got the feel for it again, like floating on clouds that could slip out from a pebble… felt great. Back to loving both my builds now :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi, yes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol. I meant at King’s island.

3 Likes

It was a ghost town. Longest we waited was 20 minutes which is crazy when you consider half the seats were closed for spacing. The lines flew by because they weren’t so crammed tight.

1 Like

Tried metroboard 155mm tires for the first time today; blown away with how good they feel!
I see why all the race-bois love them so much - grip is amazing and they roll smooth like irish butter. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Consumption shat the bed on the other hand, was touching 50wh/mile on the faster sections.
Pumped to 36psi. Is there a reason their pressure rating so low? Do they blow up at 50-60psi?
Wondering if higher pressure will improve my wh/mile, it’s kind of a deal breaker now. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

50-60 works but we run them low for max grip. Higher psi will lead to better wh/mi

3 Likes

I’m running my metros on widened hubs at 40-45psi… I like a slight crown on the contact patch

I tested them at the shop at 60psi… I’ve never ridden with them pumped that high… but I wanted to know…

I too was curious about the low PSI ratings… metros have some of the thickest rubber I’ve seen in this size class…

faaaaaaak wh/km they’re that good…

5 Likes

As it starts raining here again…or better for the last few days

Really. You can run them that high?
50 seems like a big jump from 36 and 60 seems like a really big jump.

Maybe I’ll try 50…

Yep…
My days of lunch break rides are on pause…
Heat index over a hundred make for not fun rides when you are out there RoboCoped out…

Just night rides for me right now.

3 Likes

I knew you were a cyborg.

2 Likes

Some dude on Facebook who I told to get some was running them at 65 :hushed:

1 Like

I failed miserably in the last few weeks. Still alive.

7 Likes

Seems like you need to use that unity me and Robin sent you :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

To the bench now. Now that I’m not riding anymore.

PM who to send monies to.

1 Like

Nobodies :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

4 Likes

The “Micro floor pump” doesn’t leak when disconnecting the pump from the valve? Thinking of picking this up, still recommend?

Did some 24 hour store shopping earlier on my fairly basic transport/rain rig (eLofty/Boas/Hobbywing/10s2p Santo 20700) and even that is fun in its own way. Silent gliding on a damp/cool evening.

2 Likes