2 Likes

set points are pretty modest
motor:
60 max
-50 min
Battery
75 max
-35 min

just a starting point, will probably play with it more. I like aggressive brakes so I will probably bump that up a little.

@moon absolutely love the mags. I was riding a push board with em for quite a while and this is even better. The wider CP rides nicer than a lot of much larger wheels

5 Likes

u fried the bead huh? damn u ran them bitches down lol

2 Likes

Indeed…F’ed up a six shooter as well.

2 Likes

Second test run. Out with the daughter and then we picked up two pizzas to take home. Got some weird looks. Stood on it a little harder but still being ginger. Confidence in the system is rebuilding. Lol.

7 Likes

Sorry to spam this thread but actually got to stretch the legs some tonight. Just me, the deer, a family of skunks, a raccoon, and bobcat tonight.

A little concerned about the temps but pretty sure I never pushed the old flipsky this hard. Definitely never averaged 40kph on these hills and twisties. Exclusively pedestrian paths tonight.

Anyone care to comment on if this should be to be expected with ESCapes?

6 Likes

What are you talking about, this thread is for rides, you went for one.

7 Likes

Heres the rest ride… Meter was reading 40% left right as i stepped off and looked… Number was rising as the cells bounced back so I’ll stick with the sag number… Still pulled real hard up my hill… Will ride tomorrow what ever is rest and then add the numbers together to see what the reasonable max distance is =P

The only thing really holding me back during a constant long distance ride was vesc thermal throttling. Not sure if its just a FS thing or if my unity would fair better but no real way to get amy airflow in there… Maybe a DIY heatsink on the outside of the case by u know =\

5 Likes

No such thing for me. Please keep 'em coming.

2 Likes

Yep. Please consider this a freeform ride blog.

I have posted far worse and ultimately there isn’t a serious tag. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks. Lol. When I went for the first test ride of the day, i didn’t think there would be two more the same day. I’m still in that first month honeymoon phase, so still pretty excitable.

3 Likes

My ass has been getting rained out on night rides. Next best thing is hearing about other skaters getting out there. A great day for me is two rides. Maybe I need to pump those rookie numbers up.

6 Likes

We need to figure out a discreet Carver for you.

This was in substantial downpour and it’s still stable enough to hit 30+

4 Likes

You might be right about that.

2 Likes

Good run around town today with 3x friends on Kaly2.0s following. We’ve got a decent little group of guys with carvers going.

Motors got a bit toasty towards the end around 100C

10 Likes

What’s up with motor temps going from 90 to 45 to 100 in a few seconds?

1 Like

Dang @DerelictRobot what battery are you using with this range?

2 Likes

That was a pause as I was waiting for people to catch up, Metr does a great job of detecting idle now.

I’ve got a 12s9p using 30q on a DieBieMS, built into some of the aluminum bucket enclosures that are used on the Kaly5.0. Mileage depends how hard I’m hitting it really, most I’ve ever pulled out of a single charge was around 34 miles. I don’t love running my boards empty though.

7 Likes

Like day fucking 4 of painting my parents house… I haven’t sk8’d a lick… 2 more ficking daze and I’ll be done here and take out some esk8-ago…

Esk8 for a fucking-house-fucking-painting-esk8 brother

2 Likes

Followed the kids around today. One trailing the 9yo on her board and another trailing the 7yo on her bike to the swimming hole. For some reason only recorded the ride home. Meant to get a night ride in but was lazy.

Had a beer in hand for both directions of this ride. For some reason it didn’t start on the way there.

7 Likes