R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

seein’ you shred fast, fun, and safe makes me super-stoked!

4 Likes

How many “Robots” have you ridden so far?

5 Likes

lemme do some thinkin… BRB…

BTW… luv your new avitar!

EDIT:

just shy of fiddy robots I’d say… since March 20th

almost 2,000 FUBs
about 31 hunert klicks…

6 Likes

Still works. :+1:

5 Likes

That’s intense. I Quit half way and Ubered Home bc it’s late.

2 Likes

It had rained during the day, but the sidwalks were drying up and tempted me into going on a ride. It was very foggy, and the air felt fucking fantastic. Unfortunately, I had missed sunset, but I still got some cool shots. Board got pretty muddy, and my front-light’s power write broke off again. :confused:

That picture of me at the bus stop – that street is actually primarily for bicycles, and only then for cars! :smiley: It’s the first of its kind in Latvia, and I make great use of it, as it’s the only part in my town where the dedicated bike roads go missing. Speed limit is 30 km/h.

The more I ride these Boas, the more I end up liking them… :thinking:

Bonus pic of train:

7 Likes

Everything was going great until…

8 Likes

https://music.apple.com/us/album/infra-red/1418035670?i=1418035678
Here’s a song to pump you guys up when you ride

What motor is what? And what on earth happened?

Gonna post this humble brag of a ride. Turned back because something felt off. Either way was a new speed record for me and the daughter was cruising at 22mph-24mph for long stretches. I wanted to hit 40mph by end of the year. Got it within the first month. Now just need to sustain it for a bit. Need some new goals. Lol.

10 Likes

Evolve rebuild 16/66t-stock, Evolve stock 7" hubs/tires, Racestar BRH-5065 200KV, Unity fw 5.1 10s5p 50V discharge BMS. Nice and smooth ride, Super quiet. Got it up to 23-24 mph

3 Likes

Maytech 6396. Hit a hole in the paved path that I was riding on and POP! Entire can and stator separated from the faceplate.
I’ve since come to realize that there are 4 larger threaded holes in the stator that I wasn’t using. (I thought they were just extra mounting holes)
Apparently I need some beefier screws for these 4 holes, as they seem to be intended to secure the stator to the motor mount plate THROUGH the motor faceplate. . :thinking:

6 Likes

I think you should contact maytech…this looks like some sort of defect

2 Likes

Working on my email now. :face_with_monocle:

I’ll post again with their response.

2 Likes

Rain ended this ride… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Ok, men. Please help me on this one. Running 5.1

Had a full speed cut out today and saw my life flash before my eyes. Somehow by the grace of Jerry Garcia I didn’t bin it.

I have made 50 plus full pulls on this set up with a VX1 remote and no issues. I added an antennae Metr and VX2 and shit went haywire. I feel like there was a uart battle going on. I can’t adjust settings through metr without it reverting back to defaults. This only happens when the vx2 is plugged in. Additionally, if I adjust [chuk] settings through metr mode it bricks the vx2. You then have to turn dead zone to zero and both smart reverse and traction control off for it to respond again. Additionally it was randomly spinning the motors at 0% throttle for the one ride test. No matter how many times the remote was calibrated this persisted. There was no coasting without surging.

@skyart encouraged me to redo motor detection without metr or vx2 plugged in. At the same time I updated the firmware from 3.65 to 5.1. Got that completed and was able to successfully do motor detection. I adjusted the current and battery values, as well as, all the remote settings. Plugged in metr and vx2. Bench test was good to go. The only issue was that vesc tool was changing my abs max current To 160A. Thanks to @b264 I understand this a little more. Either way, I tried to update it to a higher number in metr. Ended up loading default values instead of only updating abs max current.

I hooked vesc tool back up and redid everything. Metr “read” shows correct values and I haven’t changed anything since loading.

Went for a ride yesterday and was pretty sure it cut on me and caused wobbles. Scared me and I went home. Hit the cut harder today and it is noticeable in logs. No faults.

Where should I look from here? Thanks in advance.

6 Likes

Despite being entreated to stay “just this week” longer in the house, the call was too strong and I had to GTFO! It’s been a week and a half since I last went for a skate FFS.

3 Likes

Home time earlier today, still wanted to go for a “lunch” ride FFS!

4 Likes

today!!! was a great day!! no old ladies, rabbits, bunnies, owls, or geese harmed… it’s getting to be summerish here in So.Ca… had to turn my motor amps down… I h8 the smell of burning enamel…

woohoo… no road-rash! no broken shit… i’m almost good, I’ll esk8 tommorrow… shaka brothers

6 Likes

DMT never goes down smoothly, does it?

7 Likes