Quick swap remote receiver between boards. Connector choices, mounting and case design.

My flipsky receiver broke while changing settings during a ride, now I want one puck to ride them all.

My first thought was an mr60 could be used with a key built in to prevent plugging a motor in somehow then frying it. Then I realized I have mr30 connectors that would avoid that problem entirely.

Anyone have thoughts on this idea, or done it in a nice manor already?

Quick swap meaning not more than removing a simple cover.

Some remotes can be paired to multiple receivers, then you wouldn’t need to swap at all.

I just got a receiver for each board.

3 Likes

Yeah pucks are great for exactly this reason. Get a bunch of $20 receivers, and you can pair your remote very easily to whatever board you want to ride at the moment. No enclosure opening needed.

5 Likes

If you for some weird reason needed a very very cheap solution then $20 for a whole bag of mr30 is the way to go I was thinking.

Yeah mr30 and some 3dp case for the receiver potted in silicone or something.

Be really really really sure there’s no chance of that thing falling off

3 Likes

Imo this is the correct solution

2 Likes

Yeah a hot plug receiver would be more effort than its worth it imo. Just get a bunch of receivers and done.

3 Likes

The effort part yeah, I think the reasoning I was using was if you can’t buy more receivers easily.

Besides the multiple receiver solution being the right way to go about it I’m still wondering the particular issues with swapping them between boards would be.

Potential issues being somehow losing it although being stored into the remote would avoid that. While it is out of the board it could be damaged also.

1 Like